Any information please?

Satanfriendly

Supporter
Supporter
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Apologies I haven't been posting too often recently, but loss of job and new found work has kept me more than entertained. Little time for much else outside of family and rejigging finances.

However not to say I haven't been shaving, anything but and still swearing my R89 does more than a wonderful job for me. Occasionally swearing at it as well.

A friend of mine has recently come forward to me with a straight razor and wondering if it has any value and any background on the brand? I find it rather nice that it has its original box and do pass it by if it is worth renovation. Any information gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

DSC_0446_zpsvj3jwhnu.jpg

DSC_0439_zpsqnzpdrsm.jpg

Here is My Taylor Witness 1000 Sheffield Full Hollow 7/8th..They came in a Few Sizes but Yours Looks Like a 7/8th the Same as Mine..These are Fantastic Shavers..According to My Research the Taylor Bros were in Operation from around 1851 to at least 1919..A Value..Hard to Say..Like Many Vintage SRs it Al Down to Condition..Its One of My Favourite Shavers..;)

I Got this One Factory Fresh & it Took a the Finest of Edges when I Honed it.:)
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...vIG0BqXn_xSxqbEPQ&sig2=1E-QNfGM3tZyr5m6YvBsfg

Billy

Apologies I haven't been posting too often recently, but loss of job and new found work has kept me more than entertained. Little time for much else outside of family and rejigging finances.

However not to say I haven't been shaving, anything but and still swearing my R89 does more than a wonderful job for me. Occasionally swearing at it as well.

A friend of mine has recently come forward to me with a straight razor and wondering if it has any value and any background on the brand? I find it rather nice that it has its original box and do pass it by if it is worth renovation. Any information gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Ignore them all, there worthless nasty and cheap, trust me, send it my way and i will safely dispose of it

So many thanks for all your replies and wonderful to hear it has respect. I think a renovation looks a nice way to go after viewing your wonderful photos. Something to chew on

DSC_0446_zpsvj3jwhnu.jpg

DSC_0439_zpsqnzpdrsm.jpg

Here is My Taylor Witness 1000 Sheffield Full Hollow 7/8th..They came in a Few Sizes but Yours Looks Like a 7/8th the Same as Mine..These are Fantastic Shavers..According to My Research the Taylor Bros were in Operation from around 1851 to at least 1919..A Value..Hard to Say..Like Many Vintage SRs it Al Down to Condition..Its One of My Favourite Shavers..;)

I Got this One Factory Fresh & it Took a the Finest of Edges when I Honed it.:)
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjlzvK1rcLRAhXIDywKHU_dAjoQFghSMAg&url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/328692472783405078/&usg=AFQjCNGGyf_mQFx3avIG0BqXn_xSxqbEPQ&sig2=1E-QNfGM3tZyr5m6YvBsfg

Billy

Billy - that is a gorgeous razor.

Back
Top Bottom