Best SE out there?

For what it's worth, I think SE razors are generally good. I've use a few both vintage and new, and I always enjoy them.
For not a big outlay, you may try the Hawk. It's a good razor by general consensus and see from there where you want to go to. More or less aggressive, although for me, I like medium aggressiveness SE's and I use different blades to step it up or tone it down. I think this is as far as I can go because as I said before, YMMV.

I'm not a vintage expert by any stretch, but from current production razors the ATT SE1 is my favourite. It delivers a very close shave and is as smooth as you can get, with zero irritation. Blades are generally available.

Greetings

GEM Micromatic Open Comb, common as muck, not expensive, tough as old boots, not tricky quirky or difficult to shave with and IMHO gives the finest shaves of any 'ordinary' SE razor made and the blades are only 14 quid a box (The Heljestrand may shave a gnats hair better but that is of course subject to how well you prepare the blade)

I firmly believe the OCMM is the ultimate safety razor.

Regards
Dick (I'm not biased):rolleyes:

Greetings

GEM Micromatic Open Comb, common as muck, not expensive, tough as old boots, not tricky quirky or difficult to shave with and IMHO gives the finest shaves of any 'ordinary' SE razor made and the blades are only 14 quid a box (The Heljestrand may shave a gnats hair better but that is of course subject to how well you prepare the blade)

Regards
This for me also. And the 1924 razor. Both my most used.

Greetings

Regards
Had my first couple of shaves with this razor recently and love it. That and the clog pruf have been thoroughly enjoyable GEM SEs

Back
Top Bottom