Newbie questions - TOBS / non-drying creams

Hi Guys

Been using TOBS peppermint and TOBS Sandalwood creams together with a Simpsons Rose & Vanilla Cream.

I must admit my skin feels very dry after rinsing the TOBS creams off, slightly less so with the Simpsons.

Any recommendations for a cream thats a bit more moisturising during shaving. I hate to admit it but I find my Fusion Proglide Shave Gel is more moisturing.

and yes I do use a moisturiser after shaving Bulldog/Nivea/Cornerstone, this is more during the shave

TOBS sandalwood was one of the few cream that irritated my skin, I've had no issues with Simpsons. Try Palmolive shave cream, it cheap and gets good reviews. The creams I use are Arran Aromatics, Alvarez Gomez, La Toja and Simpsons

ive tried the tobs almond and avocado, the avocado is the better of the two. but they both have the issue that they don't leave a protective residue on the skin.

the almond I feel leaves a burning sensation just on its own.

Thanks Sezer1974, I did order the Proraso from Amazon at the same time as the Palmolive that Driftwood suggested.

The Arko stuff looks good value at £6.60 inc delivery UK for 4 tubes

Thanks Sezer1974, I did order the Proraso from Amazon at the same time as the Palmolive that Driftwood suggested.

The Arko stuff looks good value at £6.60 inc delivery UK for 4 tubes
Yes, Arko creams are cheap and available in the UK, there are other creams which are just as good but because they are not available in the UK postage costs add up quite a lot. Proraso won't disappoint it's great stuff

I have to say I don't expect my shave soap or cream to moisturise, I use balm etc for that. I'm looking for a well lubed shave? I always pop a few drops of glycerine in with whatever I'm using and I think that helps?

I have to say I don't expect my shave soap or cream to moisturise, I use balm etc for that. I'm looking for a well lubed shave? I always pop a few drops of glycerine in with whatever I'm using and I think that helps?
adding glycerin to your lather is well, adding lubrication and moisturizer to the shave... its not hard to get a soap or even a cream that will lubricate, protect, and moisturize.

Back
Top Bottom