Anyone use a dashcam?

A fella in my office was forced off the road today by some one pulling out on him. There was no collision as he managed to swerve but in the proces when up on the curb and possibly causing £1200 of damage. He got the guys details but he may not got paid out as theres no impact.

So its made me order a cam online. I've been meaning to for years but its not the most exciting purchase.

Anyways I went with a Garmin 30. It was a bit of a whim as it was the last in stock. Anybody have any advice with them, a cheapy one does the same as a more expensive model, do you need to spend £200?

Any opinions?

the dash cam craze is a double edge sword. just like social media.

sure, it may record you getting in a head on collision, or someone forcing you off the road, but it will record every thing you say and do in the car. all of your quirky bad driving.. nothing like getting pulled over by the police, and having a dash cam that recorded your beer run, and trying to explain to the judge that they shouldn't watch the dash cam footage of your drunken driving rampage and the sound track.

Can be a useful tool if something happens, could get you in to trouble too. I was reading an article which was saying some insurance companies don't like them, could be if it's evidence against you in say a 50-50 where your insurance are trying to get out of paying up.

We have a local who seems to drive around just looking for "incidents" he can put on a locals Facebook page, bit of a road warrior, certainly a knob. Some of it is bad driving, some he's looking to wind people up. You can easily make yourself a target for abuse especially in a small town.

You can turn the audio so thats not a problem and Im not stupid enough to drink and drive, whilst filming the evidence. Just to say that I dont drink and drive anyways but I have though that if I drive like a knob then that could go against me. Im not going to tell the insurance company for that exact reason. As well as the guy at work, some one else got cut up by an idiot cutting lanes but the back of the idiots car went into a friends which means the bad driver claimed off my friend.
It is a tricky one. Maybe I can practice whipping the camera from the window just in case Im at fault ha.

Folks, I just ordered a new dash cam from the bay as the old one is definitely old school tech and I suspect if I were to try to view the footage it would start with the lass with the coloured test card and end with the national anthem :)
To the point: I'm after recommendations for a 32 gb micro sd card suitable for a Nextbase dashcam, if anyone has a link to a supplier etc I'd appreciate it.

Regards

Ainslie

Micro SDs are largely of a muchness but usually dashcams and such prefer a slower Class 4 card rather than the class 10s camera's prefer. Just choose one from a reputable seller on Amazon or Ebay.

Folks, I just ordered a new dash cam from the bay as the old one is definitely old school tech and I suspect if I were to try to view the footage it would start with the lass with the coloured test card and end with the national anthem :)
To the point: I'm after recommendations for a 32 gb micro sd card suitable for a Nextbase dashcam, if anyone has a link to a supplier etc I'd appreciate it.

Regards

Ainslie
http://m.ebay.co.uk/orderDetails?itemId=371570687380&txnId=892262152024
This is the one I ordered and use. Reputable seller, genuine branded stock.

Back
Top Bottom