S.O.T.D. Saturday 14th January to Friday 20th January 2017

Hi Pat,
What are your thoughts on the RR xxx splash? Does it leave a nice face feel, how long does the scent last and does it smell like Aqua di Parma?

Cheers
Rob

Hi Rob, to me the xxx starts with a citrus scent , when it dries down there is a vetiver scent that comes through . The scent lasts on me between one to two hours although not that strong.
The post shave feel is good, maybe similar to the Fine after shave .

Razor: Gillette Black Beauty R-2 1971
Blade: Personna 74* Tungsten Plus (5)
Brush: Nylon 3-D printer brush and bowl (by Tom White)
Soap: Route 66 Bay Lime Twist
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Lime

Excellent 3 pass shave today. The Bay Lime Twist is a synergy of pure East Indian Bay brightened with a generous twist of lime, mingled with ginger and supporting notes of lemon, lily, and grapefruit. It has a long lasting, slick lather, protective cushion and glide, with a soothing post shave conditioning.

Down by the river side.
19 01 17.jpg

Razor: Gillette Black Beauty R-2 1971
Blade: Personna 74* Tungsten Plus (5)
Brush: Nylon 3-D printer brush and bowl (by Tom White)
Soap: Route 66 Bay Lime Twist
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Lime

Excellent 3 pass shave today. The Bay Lime Twist is a synergy of pure East Indian Bay brightened with a generous twist of lime, mingled with ginger and supporting notes of lemon, lily, and grapefruit. It has a long lasting, slick lather, protective cushion and glide, with a soothing post shave conditioning.

Down by the river side.
View attachment 23148

Nice brush and bowl..;)

ATT R2 kronos/ wilkinson classic(#2)/ P&B citra royale/ semogue 820/ DR Harris bay rum a.s/lanolin-coconut oil-rose oil balm
20170120_081923-jpg.7124

View attachment 23154

Pre musgo oil soap

Brush Semogue 1438
Soap. SV 70th
Razor. Muhle R89
Blade. Ladas Super Stainless

post. Thayer Lavender WH
. Nivia ASB
+ 1 on the Semogue 1438,Muhle R89 & Ladas Super Stainless blades..they are all excellent products,which perform superbly,and match up to any of the higher-priced shaving products imho.Regards.

Tabac Trepidatious Friday
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: S.M.Novella pre-shave cream
Soap: Tabac
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Muhle 23mm Kosmo synthetic
Razor: ATT SE1 + Bamboo handle
Blade: Feather Pro Super (1)
After: WH, Tabac AS, Tabac ASB

After being beaten up by this SE1 razor before, I approached today's new blade with some trepidation. This time I'd palm-stropped the blade four or five times before loading it. I don't know if that made anymuch difference but I managed the shave without incident or accident. In fact, a nice irritation-free result.
My Tabac soap is beginning to doughnut so I might just keep using it until it's empty and free up some space in my bathroom manbinet.

Have a great weekend, folks.

7f1d0ab6-e032-4cf3-9dd2-94b266bb2ffd_zpsanfpp5wu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom