Best Soaps (or Creams) by Performance Only

Wilkinson Sword blue stick ... and then nothing else for a long time.

If Wilkinson Sword would put this soap in a luxury tin with a nice label, and would distribute it outside Germany, they would have a real winner.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I just picked up a stick of this. Had a somewhat rushed shave with it yesterday. Seemed fine, but nothing remarkable. Any tips on it? Does it need a good whacking, plenty of water, etc, etc?

I haven't tried any of those high falutin' soaps; all I have to go on is my experience of the more readily-available ones. I must say, it depends on where I'm using them. When I lived on Dartmoor (water from bore-hole) MWF was easily king, followed by Erasmic bowl and Tabac. Here in Taunton, Tabac is far and away the best performer followed by Erasmic bowl and C&E (puck or cream) joint equal. MWF in third place, but still used regularly for its post-shave benefits.

I haven't tried any of those high falutin' soaps; all I have to go on is my experience of the more readily-available ones. I must say, it depends on where I'm using them. When I lived on Dartmoor (water from bore-hole) MWF was easily king, followed by Erasmic bowl and Tabac. Here in Taunton, Tabac is far and away the best performer followed by Erasmic bowl and C&E (puck or cream) joint equal. MWF in third place, but still used regularly for its post-shave benefits.

Not far from where I used to live! Good to know what works well for when I go back

PannaCrema Nuavia - best pre-shave qualities prepping the whiskers like no other soap, residual slickness, glide, and cushion are above average, soap acts like an aftershave like none other so that a splash may not even be required. Post shave feel is tops. Ease of lathering is average.

I'm working my way through a sample of Rossa at the moment and I couldn't agree more. The only downside to this soap is the price. I honestly cannot justify the price at the moment.

Reactions: Len
My favourites for performance are a mix of soaps and creams -

Wickhams 1912
Barrister and Mann
Reef point soaps
TOBS
Soap commander
Stirling

Can I just say that I can't believe that from the comments reef point having been mentioned ! Proper class soaps for me and it'd be great if they were stocked in the UK .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1. cella . hands down. same performance wether used with cold or hot or warm water. great after shave properties. great glide and cushion.

2. erasmic stick, modern red 50gram. its just great. prefers warm water to hot.

Can I just say that I can't believe that from the comments reef point having been mentioned ! Proper class soaps for me and it'd be great if they were stocked in the UK .

Probably why they haven't been mentioned. There's a lot of (apparently) good US stuff that's just too hard to get hold of over here, but it's made up for by a grand supply of perfectly good European products instead. Swings and roundabouts.

Back
Top Bottom