What are you reading at the moment?

I gave up on the Saturday Night Live book for a bit and since then I've read the following:

5172lGBXMqL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Rivers_of_London.jpg

I enjoyed the "Rivers of London" book so much I'm already halfway through the second in the series and I've only had it for a day, which is:
220px-Moon_Over_Soho.jpg

81ArWViWPoL.jpg

upload_2017-1-29_17-23-43.jpeg

Just finished Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham. I have been a lover of Grisham's books for years. He has not moved from his tried and tested recipe for huge sales. Whilst this book was an easy read, it was too samey and frankly it is becoming tedious.

Sounds interesting.I hope it's written fairly.
It was written by a chap called Owen jones
I believe he's also writes the guardian newspaper, he's a huge Corbyn supporter and has got left wing ideas.
He's very anti establishment aswell so you can imagine what the book is like. i must say it was a very interesting read, would certainly recommend it if your into politics.

Having been approached numerous times in my life by people trying to sell me the Brooklyn Bridge I thought maybe it was a good idea for me to read David McCullough's The Great Bridge - The Epic Story of the Building of the Brooklyn Bridge.

Interesting account of life in New York after the Civil War during the Boss Tweed era.

I only admit falling for that scam once, or maybe twice.

"My Short Century" by Lorna Arnold. She was a noted historian for the UK Atomic Energy Authority and had a wealth of knowledge with regards to the UK Atomic and Hydrogen bomb development and tests, also Windscale and UK atomic energy and the accident there. The book tells of her childhood, education and upbringing, working for the war office during and after WW2, Also her relationship with scientists and physicists like Rudolph Peierls, William Penney, Edward Teller etc... She knew them all, died a couple of years ago just short of 100 years old :)

I am reading American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis.

Patrick Bateman impressed me with his knowledge about his life-style every-day products, but disappointed me with his clothing and shaving opinions. lol

Back
Top Bottom