Rituals Samurai Magic Shave shaving cream

Has anyone used this? I was bought a jar of this shaving cream recently and don't know if I'm using it correctly. I've tried face lathering with it without much success in building any kind of lather.

I end up spreading it on like butter which seems a bit weird as I end up using a load of the stuff, but it does do the job and provides a smooth shave and leaves the skin feeling nicely moisturised afterwards.

Any tips anyone? I'm going to have to carry on using it as the wife bought it for me....

Best,
John

Has anyone used this? I was bought a jar of this shaving cream recently and don't know if I'm using it correctly. I've tried face lathering with it without much success in building any kind of lather.

I end up spreading it on like butter which seems a bit weird as I end up using a load of the stuff, but it does do the job and provides a smooth shave and leaves the skin feeling nicely moisturised afterwards.

Any tips anyone? I'm going to have to carry on using it as the wife bought it for me....

Best,
John
I've not tried this cream however on a lil hunting around it appears to be a non-lathering cream. Their site gives instructions as:
Apply on a damp face, shave and rinse with warm water. Apply more cream to the zones requiring extra care.

And a review I found stated:
Even after attempting to work up a lather, which it did, a good portion absorbed into my skin and what was left was a thin coat:

Everything i've found is stating its a apply with hands non lather job rather than with a brush. However i'd say have a lil experiment so you know for sure yourself. Saying that tho it does sound like you have a good indication of that. But be mindful if it is more of an emulsion cream than containing any lathering composition, you're going to loose more into your brush than leave what you need on your skin to actually do its job.

Many thanks for the reply. I had a look around their website but managed to avoid finding any further information.

I'm a bit new to traditional shaving and get soaps and creams but this one is completely new on me.

Thanks once more,
John

Hi Longplay,

Thanks for the reply, I just did a search on "brushless" which has clued me in now.

Nice review website you have there by the way.

Kind regards,
John

Back
Top Bottom