What are you reading at the moment?

Greetings

Late to the party again! No doubt several years after keener readers but I have just finished The Millennium Trilogy by Steig Larsson, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the two subsequent books. Quite the best read I have had for several years.

Regards
Dick.
I'm about to start The Girl in the Spiders Web which is supposed to be the 4th one in the series, but it wasn't written by the same author

515GprfRmEL._SY346_.jpg

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Any die hard James Bond fans on TSR? If so I can highly recommend "The Battle for Bond" by Robert Sellers. It's a rattling good read about the act of plagiarism committed by Ian Fleming.

41HWAYC7yLL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I am reading American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis.

Patrick Bateman impressed me with his knowledge about his life-style every-day products, but disappointed me with his clothing and shaving opinions. lol
Superb book and highly disturbing. Bateman's account of his morning routine is a classic passage.

Interesting. Is it about the Thunderball novelization or is it another story?
Yes, pretty much. Essentially, Fleming plagiarised the original screenplay that his business associates had written. He then failed to give them credit when he brought the novel out.

It's a rattling good read as it explores many of the relationships that had an influence on James Bond on the screen.

Richard

I have 2 books on the go at the moment.

Gung Ho by Ken Blanchard which is based on true events and i use it to motivate teams regarding their work and how it interacts with health and safety. Must have read it a dozen times over the years. it is my current lunch time read,

The Broker by John Grisham. I am not a big reader of fiction but i do like the writing style of John Grisham. I have said before that his books are becoming a little predictable, but they are still a good, easy read.

I finished Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman, not a bad book but a bit shallow I thought. Reads to me like a young adult book. Prefer Greek Myths anyway.

Starting a new (to me) Japanese author in a hope to read more Eastern literature. Have a few Japanese books ready and waiting and started this one last night, not too bad. Not my usual type of read but so far so good.

fknmt0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom