UK meteorology

Well a good flurry of hail between the sunshine this morning enough to leave slush on the roads.
The Jet Stream would appear to be having a right old dance around the UK this week which could be fun.
Snow tomorrow - fingers crossed!

Yes, Colum, it could be quite wintry overnight in your area; the northern half of the Pennines, Cheviots, Southern Uplands, Lakeland Fells and North York Moors could be white by tomorrow's rush hour. Overall, quite an unsettled and blustery middle and second half to the week, before a longwave ridge develops north-east over the UK by Saturday.

I'm afraid your thoughts about this week's weather being unsettled are right enough so far Chris. We've had rainy gales all night followed by strong falls of snow interposed by sunny spells. Just uncertain what to expect tonight and in the morning. Hope you keeping better and getting more settled in yourself.

JohnnyO. o/

Get out there and catch a wave for an olde daydreaming hippy BM.

JohnnyO. o/
Ha, the only thing I could catch is a cold!! :) I did have a go at that surfing lark and it wasn't good, after falling off in some heavy waves the board popped up and smacked me on the head! I like to watch them surfing though, reminds me of the old spice add!:)

Last edited:
Bit of a relapse earlier this week, gents, but I'm going to be doing an online refresher CBT course soon, and am starting to feel better. I'm not going to make any promises, but I intend to post the nest lesson shortly. For now, here's today's FAX chart:
20170330.0732.PPVA89.png

In general, it appears that the broadly anticyclonic, settled pattern that we have at present is set to continue over the weekend and through much of next week, though there may obviously be weak trailing fronts passing through the fringes of the ridge from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom