Your first De razor

Gillette Super Speed bought new in 1967 (when I joined the NZ Army).
It lasted until about 2012 until the handle gave up the ghost! The little indent around the handle that holds all the 'doings' together finally wore out. I kept all the internals just in case I find something to make a new handle with one day.

The Merkur Progress for me and I'm happy with it so far. I'm drawn to the Gillette Fatboy as my father gave me a Rhodium plated one just before he died and it was stolen before I ever had a chance to use it.

Merkur 34c HD.

Great starter razor, you can get a great smooth shave and it is very forgiving for the novice.

Really enjoyed it until the chrome plating started to come off the head after only 4 months of very careful use :(

Back it goes for a refund.

My first razor was a Muhle R89 GR. Absolutely love it! I just frankenrazor'ed it with a Windrose K1 handle for the added weight and gripping and it's the best performer from my short collection.

A Merkur Futur was my first razor. It wasn't the easiest razor to learn on, especially as I had a tendency to dial it up much more than was necessary to get a good shave and used far too much pressure. Hence it was quite a bloody learning curve as I ended up taking chunks out of both my face and scalp on a regular basis. :)

After falling out of love with it for a while I have the DE89 out again. With a Voshkod blade it is probably the smoothest daily shaver I have. I still think it is THE beginner razor: kind, good value, beautifully finished and with excellent customer support from a great British company.

A Merkur Futur was my first razor. It wasn't the easiest razor to learn on, especially as I had a tendency to dial it up much more than was necessary to get a good shave and used far too much pressure. Hence it was quite a bloody learning curve as I ended up taking chunks out of both my face and scalp on a regular basis. :)
Futur here too. With very same experience as yourself. As such never really fell in love with it. All that's changed since I picked it up again a couple of months ago. Use it now religiously to mow down any more than one days growth on setting 4.5. Guess my technique has improved. It may be a bit unwieldy around the nose but I wouldn't part with it now.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom