S.O.T.D. Saturday 25th March to Friday 31st March 2017

Fruits of the labour day - Dumonie (?) a Civray razor, DR Harris Marlborough soap, synthetic Dalvey brush, Dalvey Decuria EDT

070%20Sun%2026%20March%202017.jpg

finally finished the Sir Irisch Moos cream (at long last - 3 months use!) so have changed aftershave too - will keep the rest of the Moos a/s for later in the year. my next month or so will see out the end of my Tobs Shaving cream (30g)and, since it smells like cinnamon, I will use my home made bayrum to compliment it. today's shave saw the Ever-Ready 1912, GEMM blade, Omega 48 pro and aloe vera gel. see you in 2 months for my next soap! :)

Saturday 25th March 2017
View attachment 24307

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Hydra Power Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Schick Adjustable (3)
Blade: Personna (#1)
Brush: Semogue 610 Boar
Soap: Tabac
AS: Tabac Lotion + Nivea Men

An absolutely fantastic shave today. This is the first time I have used the Schick Adjustable (thanks @merwtje ) and I am really impressed, I decided to stick a Personna blade in first as the razor did not have a blade fitted when I got it, so I figured if the blade ran across the stops or I messed up the first blade it was only a Personna that I was wasting, I prefer the Schick blades (Chinese and Japanese) I have tried in other razors so far. Well the blade went in OK so I thought I should at least try a shave with it, absolutely amazed with the result. I set the razor to 3 for a first outing and I have to say it did feel mild, but what a close and smooth result. I really like this razor, it has the switch to protect the blade as well so will make a great travel razor too. Will be trying this razor out on a higher setting next time, but the result set to 3 was perfect.
Best shave soap ever made. That is only my opinion though lol.

Sun 26th March
RazoRock Syn. 22mm
P & B spitfire
Hawk Se head +Windrose Handle
Schick Proline P-20 [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Jaguar prestige A/S lotion

My second use of the Hawk , using a heavier handle than yesterday. What with blade selected and extra weight, the shave went very well. Still surprisingly agile the shave was not only smooth and easy, but the finish overall was good. It was quite noticeable how well the growth from yesterday had been reduced.

IMG_1210.jpg

Back
Top Bottom