Astra blade fans

The article tells me nothing at all about how many shaves I can get from a blade, with my beard. That some other people somewhere can get eleventy million shaves from a blade is completly irrelavant to me. I just know that the blades I buy give me a badgers arse shave when I use them for more than three or four days.
I'm over 60, and have probably been shaving for a lot longer than a lot of these people have been on the earth. I have better things to do than try and make a blade that cost me 12 cents laster longer than it does.
It's not rocket science; when a blade starts to drag and be uncomfortable, I change it for a new one. Simple really.
And I'm not interested in the kind of willy-waving that is so common on forums like badgerandblade, I have better things to do with my life than worry about my failings as a wet shaver :D

You may be surprised what's possible. Have a look at this thread.
http://www.badgerandblade.com/forum...ub-blade-longevity-de-se-and-injector.431416/
It runs for 101 pages but the first few will give you a flavour. I would say it is an eye opener and suggests blades last a lot longer than many consider possible.
You're probably right, however what's the point of having 3000 blades in a dresser drawer if you're not going to change them every 3 shaves? @Fergiebilly has more blades than Schick or Gillette and I don't think he would countenance this Blade & Badger crap!

I remember my first DE shave with a terrible David Jagen razor and an Astra blade. It looked like a scene from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre in my bathroom. I haven't tried one again since. I happen to have a pack which came with my Barbaros TR1. Maybe it's time to re-visit them?

My first shave with my EJ DE89 and an Astra green, like six years ago, was terrible.

Some months ago I was using an early SR which I found too harsh... until I put an Astra in... Fantastic, smooth, efficient shave! I immediately ordered some hundreds of them, just in case.

Must say though that my favourite blades are Feather... yes.

I agree with @GuitarTech If I stick a 3p blade into a £200 razor then it's getting used max 3 times and then it gets binned. There are a lot of blades in £200 so I can't see me running out of them. If I ever get word Voskhod or Rapira are jacking it in I'll stock up for life for £50
I'm going to bequeath you all of my left-over unused blades when I shuffle off this mortal coil. What you do with them when you're ready to kick-off will be your heir's problem.

Back
Top Bottom