Help Deciding My Second Brush Please.

I'd also recommend a Semogue SOC as a 2-band option, and would add a Simpsons Duke 3 in best as a 3-band option and an Edwin Jagger XL Silvertip Fibre as a synthetic option.

For me, they're the best bang-for-buck brushes out there, are real workhorses and all perform well when bowl lathering.

If your budget can stretch to it though, I'd consider getting Bernd at Shavemac to make you a custom brush in D01 3-band. They are well worth the extra cash and are amongst the best performing brushes I own.

A final option would be to consider an Epsilon horse hair brush in a fan-shaped knot. They're great brushes and don't suffer with the doughnuting problems some of the horse hair bulb knots do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's quite a bit of jargon on brushes - two-band, three-band, etc. I'm clear on some of the terms but not all. I looked for a sticky on shaving brushes, but I couldn't find one. There's bound to be a really good guide somewhere - could someone please point me to it?

There's quite a bit of jargon on brushes - two-band, three-band, etc. I'm clear on some of the terms but not all. I looked for a sticky on shaving brushes, but I couldn't find one. There's bound to be a really good guide somewhere - could someone please point me to it?

Here's thread I started last year when I was just starting out myself. It's a long thread buy there should be some useful info in there.

http://theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/badgers-brushes-talk-to-me.39706/

I have a Taylors of old bond street super badger which is still going strong after 10 odd years. Can't complain with it

Although I don't see much news on here about them.. Any reasons why? I do fancy a new brush though so will watch this thread with interest

I was passed this forum when i posted for a new brush and decided to go for the Vulfix grosevenor 404, mixed reviews but at £14.99 worth a shot
Had one for a couple of weeks, and perfect for face lathering. When it arrived, and was used for the first time; smelt of both wet badger, and wet hog - thats mixed hair for you :eek: Settled down nicely. Good back bone. No complaints!

Back
Top Bottom