gillette wilkinson sword

I've just gone over to using Wilkinson Black boxes as I have been struggling with inconsistency's in my usual choice of Feathers. Thinking maybe a couple of boxes of fakes as not usually this bad. Back to the Black and really enjoying them. Not on everyone's list of good blades, but to me an excellent all round performer. Minus point being only 5 blades to a pack which doesn't make them great value.

I'll try another pack of Feathers I have next week and see if any improvements, but enjoying the Wilkies at the moment.

For me the WS Gillette from India are tons better than the WS from Germany. The former lasted me for 10+ shaves and stayed smooth and sharp but try as I might I just cannot get on with the German WS. For me the Indian blades are amongst the best I have used I am going to get more but I won't buy the WS in the black box again. I know 'YMMV' but I wonder if I am alone in my belief?

kojp0Fv.jpg

Perhaps it is my imagination, but the lot on the right seems to shave a tad smoother. Further testing is needed. Regardless, both of these are fantastic blades.

Although the name is the same, the packaging clearly differs between Indian and Chinese versions. Even the number of blades in the pack differs.

@Louis where did you order yours from?

And what the hell is a saloon pack?

Although the name is the same, the packaging clearly differs between Indian and Chinese versions. Even the number of blades in the pack differs.

I got mine from 'onlinesale2011' on the 'bay. He will give a bit on the 'make an offer' facility. No idea what the saloon thing is all about. Maybe they use these in barber shops or something.

Lou

I got mine from 'onlinesale2011' on the 'bay. He will give a bit on the 'make an offer' facility. No idea what the saloon thing is all about. Maybe they use these in barber shops or something.

Lou

Lou
Saloon pack actually means it was a part of '50 blade' pack resold separately.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Unexpected bump of a thread so maybe as I have been using the GWS I will add some info.

I've used a GWS in a DE89 for 3 shaves, and for the first 2 it was a solid performer but the 3rd shave was exceptional, the blade still seems to have life left.

Like others I prefer the Indian GWS in comparison to the German WS; I found the Indian WS to be smoother, sharper and produced better results than it's German namesake.

Back
Top Bottom