Chinese futur clone

Just a thought and correct me if I am wrong , but , if memory serve's me right I cannot remember any branding on any of my Merkur Futur's that I had in the past , IF the clone is unbranded as well I would be very hesitant in buying any so called Merkur Futur's on the Bay , just speculating .
I don't know about current production but in the past there were the markings "Solingen Germany" as pictured here.
44aa1e4f270adeea7540ea6dd667bf47.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OK.
I've just pulled the trigger: a Qshave (apparently) on Ebay, £1.52 shipped from Thailand; it's literally the price of a bus ride/ticket in London...
Being rather on the mild side of wet shaving (Merkur HD or Progress set on 1.75), I hope it won't be too aggressive.

OK.
I've just pulled the trigger: a Qshave (apparently) on Ebay, £1.52 shipped from Thailand; it's literally the price of a bus ride/ticket in London...
Being rather on the mild side of wet shaving (Merkur HD or Progress set on 1.75), I hope it won't be too aggressive.
It's a strange bird. It's not in your face aggressive like the Ikon Tech, I presume because while it has a blade gap you could drive a bus through, it has less exposure so you don't feel it until you do something wrong, then it will hurt you. Great razor, I'm really enjoying mine.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I can't wait.
Should have waited and save Andreas, next week the attack of clones will reduce margins and the 99p asking price will be plastered all over the forums, this to be followed the week after where buyers are paid to stock one, free razor is not unheard of in the realms of Gillette but a what exactly the clones can sell to offset a loss leader is still a mystery.

Should have waited and save Andreas, next week the attack of clones will reduce margins and the 99p asking price will be plastered all over the forums, this to be followed the week after where buyers are paid to stock one, free razor is not unheard of in the realms of Gillette but a what exactly the clones can sell to offset a loss leader is still a mystery.

I just couldn't help it, I was in an impulse buy phase and got also a 3rd generation dirt cheap Chinese Baili razor (worth a bunch of Futur clones :D)
Anyway, when I stumbled upon this thread the damage was already done ...:oops:

As have others, I've bought the £2.28 Futur copy from the Malaysian seller on Ebay. The company that took my payment from Paypal was a Chinese company from Shenzhen, Guangdong. We'll see if it ever arrives (in fairness, everything I've bought from China has turned up) and what it's like. Chinese fountain pens are ridiculously cheap and nicely made, so I'm hopeful this Futur copy will be similar.

My PP payment went to a Shenzhen company too, except that I bought from a Thai seller. Odd...

I've bought quite a few very cheap things from Chinese sellers on ebay. They've all turned up, and they've all been as described. You don't get the same product descriptions or product support you get from a domestic seller, but for some things that's fine.

Back
Top Bottom