Wish I had never started

I have two razors, two creams, one soap and about 150 blades with a pre-shave/post-shave lotion. It is easy to fall down he rabbit hole, but I'm setting a limit on one more razor, a couple more soaps and a stock of blades when I've discovered my favourite DE blades. I also fancy a Crown King scuttle when the weather gets colder, but no luck finding one so far.

There is a chance I'll chop and change razors, but as a 2-3 shaves a week shaver, I can't justify buying much more than this.

I have two razors, two creams, one soap and about 150 blades with a pre-shave/post-shave lotion. It is easy to fall down he rabbit hole, but I'm setting a limit on one more razor, a couple more soaps and a stock of blades when I've discovered my favourite DE blades. I also fancy a Crown King scuttle when the weather gets colder, but no luck finding one so far.

There is a chance I'll chop and change razors, but as a 2-3 shaves a week shaver, I can't justify buying much more than this.
I have enough razors,brushes, blades, soaps,creams,aftershaves, balms,moisturisers to last me a long long, time, i too can't justify in buying anymore shaving kit, "i've got what i need, not what i want, i only plan to buy a few more shaving related items soon..and that will be it..well,for a while anyway...hopefully.:D

Last edited:
And to think it started, in my case at any rate, with " I'm not paying that price for cartridge refills"
I now have so many razors I really don't know how many I have. But I have favourites that I use all the time.
Blades, I couldn't even begin to estimate how many. But certainly enough to last my lifetime.
Soaps...Well quite a few, and quite a few various and assorted brushes as well.
To me they're all some of life little pleasures, like fine tea and good coffee.
If you can afford it.Just enjoy my friend.

I have 5 razors, 3 brushes, loads of soaps and creams, 2 aftershaves, 150 ish blades, and a couple of aftershaves.

I use 1 razor, my Merkur Futur (not a cheap chinese copy) , a different blade and soap every few days and an aftershave.

Do I want more, yes. Would i be in a world of pain if I started to buy more stuff. Yes!

4mh8Pt7.jpg

You're going to end up trying numerous razors, creams, soaps, and brushes before you settle on the 3 - 6 that suit you, and your face. You can step in one foot at a time, or just jump in with both feet. Either way, you will give in to the AD that afflicts us all. After 18 months I've settled on six razors: 5 slants and the ever ubiquitous R89. :)

Hi guys I am new here. My point is this. I have been using cartridges for the last 25 years. Gillette Fusion for the last few years. A friend of mine conveyed the wisdom of using DE safety razors and blades. I went back 25 years. However I end up getting cuts below my chin. Can you tell me the wisdom of using DE blades please?

I have 5 razors, 3 brushes, loads of soaps and creams, 2 aftershaves, 150 ish blades, and a couple of aftershaves.

I use 1 razor, my Merkur Futur (not a cheap chinese copy) , a different blade and soap every few days and an aftershave.

Do I want more, yes. Would i be in a world of pain if I started to buy more stuff. Yes!

Hi David,
I went though the details of Merkur Futur. I am trying to bet back to DE blades from Gillette Fusion. What are your suggestions?
I tend to get cuts below my chin when I use DE blades which I am trying to use after 25 years of use of cartridges. Please give me your suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom