Time for an upgrade

Just an update, I've ordered 2 razors so will go over the 50 budget.
I'm going to leave of the vintage for now

I've ordered a Fatip Piccolo & Rockwell 6c. I'll try these and see how they go for me.
Thanks for all the advice and information throughout the thread much appreciated.

Just an update, I've ordered 2 razors so will go over the 50 budget.
I'm going to leave of the vintage for now

I've ordered a Fatip Piccolo & Rockwell 6c. I'll try these and see how they go for me.
Thanks for all the advice and information throughout the thread much appreciated.
I have the Fatip and the 6c is on order. I like the Fatip, but only use it when I have 2 or 3 days growth. Really excited about the 6c. I hope you enjoy your new razors.

I have the Fatip and the 6c is on order. I like the Fatip, but only use it when I have 2 or 3 days growth. Really excited about the 6c. I hope you enjoy your new razors.

That's the reason I'm going with the Fatip, I will often haven 2 or 3 days growth when I'm off work so this should be spot on for that purpose, will be a few weeks wait for the 6c but looking forward to, the gunmetal looks very well.

You have done pretty well to keep to one DE razor for 3 1/2 years, it is a dangerous place for your wallet here, but after 3 1/2 years you deserve at least one new razor.

I had only my Futur for for the best part of seven. years. I mostly used Trumper's creams and Wilkinson blades, (my son gave me a half full carrier bag of old British made blades loose)
Admittedly, I would use cartridge razors too, but the Futur was used at least twice a week.
Since joining this forum I have tripled my razor ownership, and have at least half a dozen different blades stockpiled. . . . . . . . . . . Not to mention how many new creams and soaps I have on the go now.

Last edited:
Right little update. I've had 2 shaves so far with the fatip picollo. Set up was Fatip, new polsilver blade, and used Taylor of old bond Street with aloe vera shaving cream.

I don't know if it was the fact the polsilver although new wasn't sharp enough, tugged at times even with no pressure, but as expected, with only 2 passes it was the equivalent of 3 passes with the EJ 89. Overall very happy with it, feels nice in the hand, nice weight and balance. I do think I will go for some new blades. For the money I think it's a great buy, an inexpensive but efficient de razor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom