S.O.T.D Saturday 24th June to Friday 30th June 2017

Today's SOTN
Thanks to Alessandro for the sample, gentleman as always, enjoyed it, my nose gets a smokey crossed with a cologne scent
fedff4c25cecceb957505b0e30b634dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tuesday 27th June 2017
View attachment 26442
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: OneBlade Core
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (#1)
Brush: Maseto Fan Shape 2 band finest 30mm
Cream: Taylors of Old Bond Street Aloe Vera
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
AS: Lucido Lotion

First of all I would like to say a huge thanks to @Blackmass for posting a link to this video View: . After watching this last night I followed the guys advice on how to shave with a OneBlade, I tried a few dry runs before going to bed by removing the blade and practising on my wet face.

And the result today was? Well I can confidently say clearly my previous shaves with the OneBlade were not getting anywhere near the best out of it. Today was super close, I had not been holding the razor correctly or using enough pressure. It took quite a bit of effort to switch my brain off from wanting to not apply pressure, but it was worth it. As well as needing to apply more pressure the other key thing was to hold the razor against the face with the head flexed, the head needs to sit mid way through its flex range so that it can flex either way as you move across your face. Just watch the video above if you are not already in the know.

So the result on my fourth shave was a really close and smooth shave, the technique is different from using a regular safety razor and more like a multi blade Cartridge, but with even more pressure. For a while I was thinking how can all these OneBlade owners get such good shaves, we now I know.

Glad it helped and thanks for the shout out, appreciate it.

Sotd - Tuesday - 27/6 -

Razor - Gibbs no.15 (3)
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Green (2)
Brush - Kent BK2
Soap - Wickham's SS - Imperial Trevor
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Old Spice
Balm - Aloe vera.

Result - great. This soap is stellar for me - faultless in every way. I lucked out and got one of the very limited run of its production. I ration my use of it. Enjoying revisiting the Kent BK2 after years - my first proper brush. Yes - talking of brushes - I ought to be in a better mood after such a good shave - but no. My Maseto silvertip is somewhere in the mail system. Promptly sent to me yesterday by the kind member that I bought it from. I only left my flat for 2 hours today to go and do a job. No doubt that's when they attempted delivery. Or - there has been another outbreak of ninja postmen in Glasgow. They descend - from above - wearing black - silently on a silken thread. Look fleetingly at your front door and then depart. In fairness to RM - Amazon appear to employ more ninja couriers than any other company. Either way - bugger. I was looking forward to trying it. Delayed gratification is a good thing though - isn't it? On the upside my copy of Lemmy's autobiography did arrive. Only 20 or so pages in but - whoever said on another thread the other night - 'it's written in quite an anecdotal style,' - no s**t. I've never seen that many apostrophes used in print. It reads as if you were having a pint with the great man. Great stuff. It's going to be a rip-snorting read - pun entirely intended. Enjoy your shaves - cheers - I. edit - the ninja did deliver my Maseto. To my neighbour without leaving a card to tell me that. I have it safely now. It's an impressive looking object. All I have to do if wait for my beard to grow back in again enough to try it. Thanks @AnthH - you're a gentleman.

Last edited:
Tuesday 27th June 2017
View attachment 26442
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: OneBlade Core
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (#1)
Brush: Maseto Fan Shape 2 band finest 30mm
Cream: Taylors of Old Bond Street Aloe Vera
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
AS: Lucido Lotion

First of all I would like to say a huge thanks to @Blackmass for posting a link to this video View: . After watching this last night I followed the guys advice on how to shave with a OneBlade, I tried a few dry runs before going to bed by removing the blade and practising on my wet face.

And the result today was? Well I can confidently say clearly my previous shaves with the OneBlade were not getting anywhere near the best out of it. Today was super close, I had not been holding the razor correctly or using enough pressure. It took quite a bit of effort to switch my brain off from wanting to not apply pressure, but it was worth it. As well as needing to apply more pressure the other key thing was to hold the razor against the face with the head flexed, the head needs to sit mid way through its flex range so that it can flex either way as you move across your face. Just watch the video above if you are not already in the know.

So the result on my fourth shave was a really close and smooth shave, the technique is different from using a regular safety razor and more like a multi blade Cartridge, but with even more pressure. For a while I was thinking how can all these OneBlade owners get such good shaves, we now I know.

Glad it helped and thanks for the shout out, appreciate it.

Sotd - Tuesday - 27/6 -

Razor - Gibbs no.15 (3)
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Green (2)
Brush - Kent BK2
Soap - Wickham's SS - Imperial Trevor
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Old Spice
Balm - Aloe vera.

Result - great. This soap is stellar for me - faultless in every way. I lucked out and got one of the very limited run of its production. I ration my use of it. Enjoying revisiting the Kent BK2 after years - my first proper brush. Yes - talking of brushes - I ought to be in a better mood after such a good shave - but no. My Maseto silvertip is somewhere in the mail system. Promptly sent to me yesterday by the kind member that I bought it from. I only left my flat for 2 hours today to go and do a job. No doubt that's when they attempted delivery. Or - there has been another outbreak of ninja postmen in Glasgow. They descend - from above - wearing black - silently on a silken thread. Look fleetingly at your front door and then depart. In fairness to RM - Amazon appear to employ more ninja couriers than any other company. Either way - bugger. I was looking forward to trying it. Delayed gratification is a good thing though - isn't it? On the upside my copy of Lemmy's autobiography did arrive. Only 20 or so pages in but - whoever said on another thread the other night - 'it's written in quite an anecdotal style,' - no s**t. I've never seen that many apostrophes used in print. It reads as if you were having a pint with the great man. Great stuff. It's going to be a rip-snorting read - pun entirely intended. Enjoy your shaves - cheers - I. edit - the ninja did deliver my Maseto. To my neighbour without leaving a card to tell me that. I have it safely now. It's an impressive looking object. All I have to do if wait for my beard to grow back in again enough to try it. Thanks @AnthH - you're a gentleman.
no problem mate :)

Prep: Hot shower, Nivea face and L'oreal Charcoal face wash
Pre: Hot towel and Myrsol Antsol
Razor: ATT SE1/Kronos
Blade: Feather Pro
Brush: Thater 4125/3 (2 Band)
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Fern Aromatica

My dream brush arrived today. I managed to persuade @Godfather to part with it and I'm so happy he did. Thank you Marco.
It's everything I'd hope it would be.
Soft with loads of backbone. You definitely get 'the wall of badger' people have spoken of before. Wonderful!

Went back to the ATT SE1 (currently on loan from @Acer89) after couple of bad shaves with it.
Tried the Feather as recommend by James. It was a much better match than the Proline I'd used with it before.
Far more comfortable shave this time.

Cheers
Rob

Hot bath/ Nivea Men Sensitive
British Barber Association pre shave oil
Mason Pearson pure badger
Body Shop Maca Root cream
EJ DE89L/ Shark (1)
Witch hazel/peppermint mixture
Proraso Green ASL

Another successful three pass shave without fault.
The BBA shave oil and Maca Root cream provided glide and cushioning in abundance while the DE89L/ Shark blade combo was a good smooth match.
It's been a while since I've used the Maca Root cream and I'd forgotten how little is needed to make a good amount of lather. I ended up with enough lather from small almond size amount to last me three shaves!
The DE89 showed the milder side of the Shark blade. Much milder than in a Futur or 37c .
The cooling effect of the Proraso ASL left my face nicely chilled and toned.

Shower
Vegetal Soap - Lilly Of The Valley
Proraso - Sandalwood Crema Pre Barba
Proraso - Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Jaguar - 1056 Boar
Face Lathering
Gillette - Contour
Croma - Classic / Two Bladed (3)
WTG / XTG / ATG
Allume Di Rocca Naturale
Proraso - Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion

During the shave I improved my knowledge of the English language. :)

Last edited:
image.jpg SOTD Wednesday 28th June

Prep.... Shower, olive oil soap
Razor....Pal Adjustable
Blade....Schick
Soap....Klar Kabinett
Brush....Omega pro 49
Post....BBA post shave balm
Scent.....Oud 24 Hours

A near perfect shave from the Pal , one small Nick on the chin that needed some alum to stem the bleeding but was left as smooth as I like to be. The Klar soap loves a good whipping from the 49 and gave me a fantastic creamy lather, top stuff.
A good spray of Oud 24 and am ready to walk the hound :)

Have a nice day people......:)

Greetings All,

Wednesday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – showered with face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa white pre-share
Soap: P&B - Spitfire
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Shark (2nd)
Brush: RazoRock 400 Noir

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Alum, cold rinse, followed by Proraso aftershave lotion (green) and Nivea 2 Phase

Shark on the second use did not disappoint – for my skin, this is a very nice blade.

The P&B Spitfire did not disappoint, lovely lather whipped up with my Razorock 400.

Stuck to my changed routine to see if that would help my neck irritation and showered before I shaved, and again added more Proraso pre-shave before my second pass. Result, a little bit of irritation, not as bad as usual. I will ervert to yesterday's soap tomorrow to see if that is a factor. The joy of wet shaving - the experimenting continues :D

Back
Top Bottom