SOTD is Bragging?

Now I don't see it as bragging, we all come from different walks of life and we all have different income's , so it stands to reason that some people will have more expensive gear. It makes no difference to me if someone is showing the £500 razor they shaved with or the person showing the second hand £25 razor they shaved with. I find what people shave with very interesting and I like the photography and how people show their shave kit.
It annoys me however when just because someone has the latest thing be it a razor or brush or even soap that they get called brand snobs or willy wavers or any other such names, we are here because we enjoy this hobby / illness call it what you will and we enjoy sharing our daily shave on SOTD. Long may it continue :)

I haven't noticed really... At least not compared with some hifi forums I used to frequent where "show us your system" threads quickly descended into willy waving contests.

Personally I use it to show/tell new products and discoveries, some posts are really arty and creative which is really fun to browse not to mention seeing what others are using... For example if I see someone using a Futur I'll know to discount anything they ever say (I'm joking! Well maybe not entirely... :p) If there's anyone out there that feels envious of others possessions for whatever reason and thus see's it as a form of bragging then I pity such individuals.

Now I don't see it as bragging, we all come from different walks of life and we all have different income's , so it stands to reason that some people will have more expensive gear. It makes no difference to me if someone is showing the £500 razor they shaved with or the person showing the second hand £25 razor they shaved with. I find what people shave with very interesting and I like the photography and how people show their shave kit.
It annoys me however when just because someone has the latest thing be it a razor or brush or even soap that they get called brand snobs or willy wavers or any other such names, we are here because we enjoy this hobby / illness call it what you will and we enjoy sharing our daily shave on SOTD. Long may it continue :)
Well said Paul - I agree with that sentiment 100%

I don't see it as showing off. I guess it can be seen as that but for me, its al about seeing a great photo and looking into what people use. There are some truely great photos posted.
It has its own section on each forum, so if you don't like it, then you dont need to look at the people showing off :)

Back
Top Bottom