Jinhao X750 Deluxe Fountain Pen

Thanks @matteob, I have a few standard converters so if the included one's no good I'm covered. I still can't believe that I'm getting a fountain pen for the price of a coffee, it must cost them more than that to ship it from China, how can they make any money?

They come no frills wrapped in plastic in a little jiffy bag but they are a great pen: metal so will last. They are a much better bet for me than the now rubbish French Parker Vectors and are better of me even than something like a Lamy Safari (or TWSBI eco) at 10 times the price. I don't think that it is the pen that is cheap so much as we in the West are grossly overcharged for everything. Try the Jinhao 159 too: same price but bulkier with a screw on cap. It is modelled on a similar shape to the Mont Blanc Meisterstuck.

I have fitted a Bock nib and a Beaufort converter on my X750 and its now a great smooth writer which I regularly use !
Great choices. I have both in a Fabre Castell which I beyond foolishly dropped. My hand decided it didn't like the cut of my nib's jib!
Still, it's still a gorgeous writer and I would definitely recommend Bock nibs! :p

Good that you are liking the modified pen. The Bock nib and better converter make this pen the equal of pens five times the outlay. The Jinhao nib isn't bad actually (save the stupid 18k label: yeah right) but the converters from Jinhao are not great. Buy the pen for £3 buy a Beaufort Converter: another £3 and you are in business.

Back
Top Bottom