Modern open comb razors

I have acquired a few OC razors over the years. Of the more modern ones the Merkur 11c is my favourite, however I am led to believe that it was discontinued. I do however have a Muhle R41 (2009 vintage) and it is the mildest OC I own or have used. Works an absolute treat with a Derby in it - honestly.
Yeah, but you had a nasty little rant when someone said they had the 2009.

Thanks but you will get used to 'expert' opinion on such vital issues......

I am thinking of trying a Fatip Piccolo but have been put off by the blade alignment issues that people have been mentioning. The Parker 24C for me gives a comfortable, efficient shave but might not be aggressive enough for some...

I am thinking of trying a Fatip Piccolo but have been put off by the blade alignment issues that people have been mentioning. The Parker 24C for me gives a comfortable, efficient shave but might not be aggressive enough for some...

No (or at least significantly less) blade alignment issues on the V2 FaTip heads (you can identify them by the FaTip logo stamped into the baseplate, V1 are blank.)

The R41 is the daddy.

I've been using it exclusively as a daily shaver for the past 6 months + and it's sublime. Used a 37c today with a feather blade and shit results? God knows why I fancied something else??

Vintage, look at the Fasan double slants, phwoar great to look at and great shavers too. The new PAA bakelite clone is close but miles away from the original.

I have 5 Single Rings and one Double. They all give me a great close shave and I've not noticed any difference. The only Old Type I've yet to tame is my 1918 Bulldog (in a Military Set). For what ever reason it just one aggressive bugger. I only use it a 3-4 times year - too nice to sell.

Back
Top Bottom