Pre- Shave oil

I'm a great fan of pre-shave oils as I find that they really do make a difference to my shave. I suffer from dry skin and also have a medically diagnosed skin condition and I suspect that this may well be the reason as to why I find them to be useful.

I think it's pretty clear that pre-shave oils are a product that will work very well for some people whilst being completely unnecessary (and thereby a waste of money) for others. In this respect, they are something of a Marmite product which tend to polarize views much more than any other shaving product out there.

I find the Trumper's skinfood causes an uncomfortable reaction including a tingling sensation!
So I now us "3P" which is made in Italy and is an excellent pre/post shaving cream. I found as a pre shave cream
it lubricates and softens the stubble/beard working to help achieve a trouble free smooth shave.
3p is formulated for use with all skin types and it is extreamly cheap, just €7.95
I found it on https://www.shaving.ie/products/3p-pre-post-shave-cream.html
or on Amazon.co.uk it is £7

I am another fan of PSO's. I use to buy commercial ones, but now I make my own.
I tend to use Sweet Almond, Apricot Kernel or Grapeseed oil with Lime, Grapefruit, Calendula, Tea Tree and Geranium EO's.
I have copied local artisan producers or ideas such as these:

https://www.mapleholistics.com/blog/health-benefits-peach-kernel-essential-oil/#doc2

Cherry and Peach Kernel are on my carrier oil to try list. I may dilute with Grapeseed as suggested in the link.

I use trumpers skin food as pre shave oil. Not much, just enough to cover the beard lightly. I notice if I haven't used it. I normally shave after my shower, if for any reason I don't shave after a shower, I will use a little more than usual.

I use a little on my neck as added protection especially if I've not just stepped out of the shower.
Also, if i'm against the clock as it where then I use it all over before the soap as it pretty much garrentees no nicks or weepers no matter how ham fisted I'm being.
I've used a few, currently using Nuage I picked up in sainsburys for £1, for my purposes its as good as somersets and king of shaves. Oddly I picked it up because it was cheap (good reason) and it shares its name with a hell hole nightclub I used to frequent back in the day in Dover (bad reason).

I use a little on my neck as added protection especially if I've not just stepped out of the shower.
Also, if i'm against the clock as it where then I use it all over before the soap as it pretty much garrentees no nicks or weepers no matter how ham fisted I'm being.
I've used a few, currently using Nuage I picked up in sainsburys for £1, for my purposes its as good as somersets and king of shaves. Oddly I picked it up because it was cheap (good reason) and it shares its name with a hell hole nightclub I used to frequent back in the day in Dover (bad reason).
I have received quite a strong reaction to this one. I looked like a beetroot afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom