Photo of the day

@Olie29 - my post inspired by yours.

View attachment 29352

Calligraphy - much softer but much the same. A detail from Madrid - a spot that is reworked frequently. You need to check often to see what's going on. I agree completely with @William Dobson - some of the best contemporary art you are going to see can be called graffiti. Tags and calligraphy - these are co-joined concepts for me, stencils, whatever. On the right of this picture - what can you conjure with a single line? Have a look at classical Arabic calligraphy - particularly the Kufic script. The latter is angular like the work you have shown. It reads right to left. Generally it's only used for Koranic references but it's a beautiful script. Yours - I.

@Barry Giddens - another good example of a picture that only showed its value up-side down.
That's awesome , I'm glad my post inspired you ! I like all different styles and need to practice them...I think my preferred style of writing is the angular but that piece was just me playing with the letters, I would like to adapt on that until I have designed my own alphabet I am happy with, I want to go a lot further that just lettering too...got lots of ideas, I am very critical of my work and love to pick faultswith it in order to keep improving. Thanks for the info you provided I like a bit of research on the history of art and will have a look at that, I appreciate all kinds of artwork and it would be great to see more from you

That's awesome , I'm glad my post inspired you ! I like all different styles and need to practice them...I think my preferred style of writing is the angular but that piece was just me playing with the letters, I would like to adapt on that until I have designed my own alphabet I am happy with, I want to go a lot further that just lettering too...got lots of ideas, I am very critical of my work and love to pick faultswith it in order to keep improving. Thanks for the info you provided I like a bit of research on the history of art and will have a look at that, I appreciate all kinds of artwork and it would be great to see more from you

Thank you - in a similar vein - but with no lettering to speak of - Madrid I think - yes - I've just noticed the phone number at the top. Circus School. Early morning - Leica and film. Yours - I.

SR-Madrid2014-17.jpg

@Helveticum @William Dobson

@Barry Giddens - apply the upside down rule and see what happens?

Thank you - in a similar vein - but with no lettering to speak of - Madrid I think - yes - I've just noticed the phone number at the top. Circus School. Early morning - Leica and film. Yours - I.

View attachment 29374

I really quite like that...a completely different style of graphitti and that is the great thing about art, there are no rules it can be anything you want it to be !

@Olie29 - I love this picture - stencils are good in terms of street art. You can create your own gallery in an instant? Yours - I.

SR-Madrid2014-6.jpg

I can't explain adequately why I like this picture so much. I like this picture. Spanish street art - tags and stencils. The fragments of writing say - as much as I can translate it - 'my name is not Nena' - 'my name is Elena' - yours - I.

@Olie29 @Barry Giddens

SR-Golite1.jpg

@Helveticum - I was looking for other pictures on a back-up drive and found this. Winter camping, upper Glen Nevis, North West Highlands. The Go-Lite tent - what a superb bit of kit. I'm not sure you can get them anymore? An absolute mare to pitch properly but when you get it right - it will stand up to anything - the sort of conditions that you would be thinking of a geodesic tent. Like here. Takes meters of Dyneema chord to tension it properly. A night rough enough for someone to have left a spare walking pole and an ice axe outside the porch.
Yours - I.
@Barry Giddens @PickledNorthern

View attachment 29551

@Helveticum - I was looking for other pictures on a back-up drive and found this. Winter camping, upper Glen Nevis, North West Highlands. The Go-Lite tent - what a superb bit of kit. I'm not sure you can get them anymore? An absolute mare to pitch properly but when you get it right - it will stand up to anything - the sort of conditions that you would be thinking of a geodesic tent. Like here. Takes meters of Dyneema chord to tension it properly. A night rough enough for someone to have left a spare walking pole and an ice axe outside the porch.
Yours - I.
@Barry Giddens @PickledNorthern
Could you not have built a snow house Iain? That's a fantastic image.

View attachment 29374

My SWMBO just walked into the living room and caught me with my lap top in the air upside down as I was looking at this photo. I am pleased to announce she now confirms I am bonkers. :D

My SWMBO just walked into the living room and caught me with my lap top in the air upside down as I was looking at this photo. I am pleased to announce she now confirms I am bonkers. :D

Ha ha - good effort. Personally I use the rotate keys in the software on a laptop but your approach sounds much more fun. I must try it. ha ha - yours - I.

Back
Top Bottom