Which knot for soaps & cream?

I'm lucky I guess I live in a soft water area which is a great help. One thing I have found in my limited experience is to use a hard soap all the time. I swap around creams as I see fit, but with hard soaps I use the same puck each morning. Boring? Maybe, but it takes me 5-6 days to get the surface of the soap working and full of moisture, I find that leaving the hard soap to dry out for a few days you have to begin the whole thing again, even left with the top on.

Brushes, I only use synthetics now, and never bowl lather. I've found that the only proper way to lather up is on the face.;):rolleyes:

Most soaps will lather better if you moisten the surface beforehand; the exception for me with my very hard water, is, strangely enough, the one soap that most people agree should be moistened or soaked, which is Mitchell's Wool Fat.
My experience with MWF is exactly the same. I too have very hard water and with the MWF I have to be careful to start the lathering process as dry as possible. Just a touch too much water and I just get an explosion of useless bubbles.

Back
Top Bottom