More cushion than Tabac?

I used Vitos tonight, and it's a confusing soap.

Smell.
It reminds me of marzipan. Love it.

Lather.
It took double the effort to lather in my mug. My face was dry, (proraso pre-shave on it), but the lather wasn't sticking well at all to 2 days growth. I quit trying to figure 8 it, and resorted to pasting it on.

Cushion/glide.
Despite having to paste the lather on, the cushion it provided is the best yet for me.

Post shave.
In need of balm. An obvious dryer feeling to the skin than SV or Tabac.
Not an issue for me, as I always use balm.

Price.
£3.49 for 100g, or if you're lucky, 147g was sent to me. I'll need to find something to store it in, as it came in cling film.

I'll use Vitos for a few days to get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I need to chalk one aspect above, (difficulty to lather) to my lack of experience. Yesterday, I tore a corner off the soap. It's soft enough to do so, and lathered it in my mug. I did this because the soap is not in a container, but in cling film. I didn't fancy a wet soap in cling film.
Today, I rubbed the brush on the actual soap, allowing it to get wet, and it was as quick to lather as any other soap.

I need to chalk one aspect above, (difficulty to lather) to my lack of experience. Yesterday, I tore a corner off the soap. It's soft enough to do so, and lathered it in my mug. I did this because the soap is not in a container, but in cling film. I didn't fancy a wet soap in cling film.
Today, I rubbed the brush on the actual soap, allowing it to get wet, and it was as quick to lather as any other soap.

Good move. Samples can at times be misleading, in particular the reduced surface area and possible loss of moisture

Tabac is a good soap with an incredible scent, but in my opinion it's not the best
soap out there. I think Mike s Natural Soap and Phoenix Artisan Acc are far better, and that Stirling, Dr John and Mickey Lee Soap works are very close

I think I've got enough soaps to last me for a while now.

And this arrived for post shave today:
41c93a8831d305076c684ca269912dfc.jpg

Will not use it for a bit, because it may have an effect on my soap evaluations.

Haslinger seaweed felt nice on the skin, razor seemed to have some glide, but I've got the worst razor burn I've had to date. I always have to be careful on my neck, but not my face. Even managed to irritate my cheeks.
Oh well, it's very much ymmv with these soaps.

So (that's) one recommendation I love, one which doesn't work for me, and now looking forward to the next sample.

Last edited:
@Jel999 you need MORE!! Wholly Kaw in tallow with donkey milk version in your den because I've got 8 in total see attachment all donkey milk, and one more is on the way called Merchant of Tobacco with donkey milk. Also found out two days ago there's going to be another Wholly Kaw donkey milk next month very soon.
Do you buy these on the UK? I can't seem to find an outlet.
Thanks Jamie.

Back
Top Bottom