Personna source?

It has taken almost 2 years but I have finally started to run a bit low on blades.

I am after some more Personna blades. Last time I got some, it was from a seller in America recommended on the forums but I can't find the details. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Personna what? Barber blades, Blues, Reds, Med Prep? Might help us to guide you :)

There is no such creature as the infamous "barber blades". Stainless & Platinum Chrome are interchangeable names merely used as an ad jingle. Personna makes one blade in the USA and whether it is sanitized or not determines the nomenclature. As regards Israeli blades:

In South Tel-Aviv, the neighborhood is populated by wholesalers and small shops. In an unassuming shop filled with product boxed in plain cardboard, is Avi. Avi's uncle founded the shop 65 years ago. He takes out all the blades that are made in the country, in boxes of 100. “The Personna Platinum is very popular in Los Angeles. All the stores get them from me.” Pointing at Viking Sword, he said, “These are all my brands. I have them put this label on one and raise the price, but they're all the same factory, all the same machines.” ...

https://sharpologist.com/2016/12/wet-shaving-tourism-israel.html

Of the blades to come out of the Israeli factory, I think the following the same blades

Personna Platinum Chrome = Personna Red, Viking's Sword, Satinex Platinum Plus, Royal Stainless
Crystal = Q-Ball
Tomy = Boots

The PPC is the sharpest, Tomy the most mild and Crystal somewhere in between but YMMV as ever.

Back
Top Bottom