My first shave with OSP

My first OSP soap arrived on Friday. I couldn't wait for Santa, so I broke it out yesterday. I have to say it was a bit of a revelation. I usually face lather, so I gave my Trumper's super badger brush a couple of swirls around the pot and went at it.

Within about 30 seconds I found myself actually laughing at the amount of lather it built. It was ludicrous! I've used quite a few soap brands before, but I've never managed to get lather like that. Have I been choosing badly up to now, or do OSP soaps generally build way more lather than average? (In my case, enough for about 25 passes!).

Incidentally the fragrance (barbershop) really appeals to me too. Awesome stuff.

My first OSP soap arrived on Friday. I couldn't wait for Santa, so I broke it out yesterday. I have to say it was a bit of a revelation. I usually face lather, so I gave my Trumper's super badger brush a couple of swirls around the pot and went at it.

Within about 30 seconds I found myself actually laughing at the amount of lather it built. It was ludicrous! I've used quite a few soap brands before, but I've never managed to get lather like that. Have I been choosing badly up to now, or do OSP soaps generally build way more lather than average? (In my case, enough for about 25 passes!).

Incidentally the fragrance (barbershop) really appeals to me too. Awesome stuff.
Well my Fougere has the same "problem" lol!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI CRR-L09 met Tapatalk

You can't go wrong with OSP, you will also find the tub seems to last forever! :) P.

It is good soap.
I've had Bay Rum for around 2 weeks. My wife was telling me how she was thinking of reporting the neighbour for growing cannabis, as she can always smell it from the bathroom. Turns out it was my OSP Bay Rum.

Not sure which is worse, that fact her sense of smell is clearly off, or that she is a potential grass [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It is good soap.
I've had Bay Rum for around 2 weeks. My wife was telling me how she was thinking of reporting the neighbour for growing cannabis, as she can always smell it from the bathroom. Turns out it was my OSP Bay Rum.

Not sure which is worse, that fact her sense of smell is clearly off, or that she is a potential grass [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This made me laugh a lot more than it should of done.

Had my first shave with an OSP yesterday. I chose spice road for the festive season. Provided perfect cushion and glide for the artist club ss and finished with some old spice. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do other OPS soaps give the same strength of aroma as the bay? I have not tried this brand.
Yes the strengths are about the same but the bay rum is a quite punchy scent anyway. I have all of the OSP soaps apart from anything with menthol simply because I'm not keen on menthol but the rest are as good as the bay rum, just pick one you like the sound of and I'm sure you will not be disappointed . Do you get the feeling I love OSP Soaps? :) P.

I'd rate the scent strength at around 7/10 (not very objective, but I have a poor nose!). I followed it immediately with the matching after shave, so can't comment on how long it hangs around. My daughter is my resident 'smellometer' and she rates the scent as a 'solid 8' in quality/appeal. She's quite discerning.

Yes the strengths are about the same but the bay rum is a quite punchy scent anyway. I have all of the OSP soaps apart from anything with menthol simply because I'm not keen on menthol but the rest are as good as the bay rum, just pick one you like the sound of and I'm sure you will not be disappointed . Do you get the feeling I love OSP Soaps? :) P.
I find the scent strengths on the mild side, but for me that is perfect. I would not want them any other way. In my opinion, the eucalyptus and menthol is amazing, but I personally do enjoy the menthol coldness.

I find the scent strengths on the mild side, but for me that is perfect. I would not want them any other way. In my opinion, the eucalyptus and menthol is amazing, but I personally do enjoy the menthol coldness.
I agree but they are all of the same strength, that's what I was trying to get across but like a lot of things, scents and their perceived strength is very subjective, some people are prone to pick up on particular scents more than others and therefore may think that one is stronger than another. As for eucalyptus and menthol is concerned for me it's like marmite, you love or hate it, I do like marmite though! :)

Back
Top Bottom