Astra blade fans

I echo Bogeyman's sentiments above, until last week I had only tried the SP's and found them bang average, I tried the SS and they impressed me very much. When my stash of blades decreases I will certainly be adding a 100 Astra SS baldes to it

It's funny with Gillette that just because a blade is marked Platinum that is no guarantee that it will be better than one they mark Stainless. Two that come to mind are the modern Super Thin (New Improved Stainless) being better than the Super Thin Platinum and the Nacet Stainless being better than the Nacet Platinum.

I echo Bogeyman's sentiments above, until last week I had only tried the SP's and found them bang average, I tried the SS and they impressed me very much. When my stash of blades decreases I will certainly be adding a 100 Astra SS baldes to it

Likewise. I have been using a Astra SS recently and I've got more quality shaves with it than a Astra SP. I find the Astra SP to be a good blade though, but I prefer the SS though. It's not up there with my favourite PPI blades, they are Nacet SS & Perma Sharp.

It's funny with Gillette that just because a blade is marked Platinum that is no guarantee that it will be better than one they mark Stainless. Two that come to mind are the modern Super Thin (New Improved Stainless) being better than the Super Thin Platinum and the Nacet Stainless being better than the Nacet Platinum.

In my experience I prefer the Stainless varieties, though my last DE blade a Personna Platinum Chrome worked really well for me.

In my blade roatation my next three blades are a Feather, Gillette Stainless & Gillette Platinum. It will be interesting to see the difference between the two Gillettes.

Back
Top Bottom