first straight

jimmyc

Supporter
Supporter
Received my first straight today. Thanks to Billy.

upload_2018-1-17_12-8-9.jpeg

upload_2018-1-17_12-9-56.jpeg

Lovely looking thing. first impressions are its not as big and unwieldy as i thought it would be. that's a good thing though. upload_2018-1-17_12-8-9.jpeg upload_2018-1-17_12-9-56.jpeg :)
It feels quite comfortable and maneuverable in the hand, not got a strop yet so going to have one shave, cheeks to begin with then see how it goes.
Thanks again to Billy :D:D

View attachment 32600

View attachment 32601

Lovely looking thing. first impressions are its not as big and unwieldy as i thought it would be. that's a good thing though. View attachment 32600 View attachment 32601 :)
It feels quite comfortable and maneuverable in the hand, not got a strop yet so going to have one shave, cheeks to begin with then see how it goes.
A fine looking razor, good luck with your first shave. :) P.

View attachment 32600

View attachment 32601

Lovely looking thing. first impressions are its not as big and unwieldy as i thought it would be. that's a good thing though. View attachment 32600 View attachment 32601 :)
tenor.gif

Congratulations!
You've chosen wisely for a first razor.

Straight shaving is not that difficult, takes a bit of practice that's all.
A few frustrations will happen along the way & then it'll click.

I started out with a paddle strop from this chap:
http://peters-eaters.co.uk/straight-cutthroat-razors-honing-sales-and-strops

It turned out to be a very good buy, learning the stropping action is much easier with a paddle and although I now prefer a hanging strop, it is great for travelling. When I did get a hanging strop the action was learned & only a few mishaps so far. Peter uses top quality leather/canvas too for about £15 delivered.

Congratulations!
You've chosen wisely for a first razor.

Straight shaving is not that difficult, takes a bit of practice that's all.
A few frustrations will happen along the way & then it'll click.

I started out with a paddle strop from this chap:
http://peters-eaters.co.uk/straight-cutthroat-razors-honing-sales-and-strops

It turned out to be a very good buy, learning the stropping action is much easier with a paddle and although I now prefer a hanging strop, it is great for travelling. When I did get a hanging strop the action was learned & only a few mishaps so far. Peter uses top quality leather/canvas too for about £15 delivered.

Cheers JayGee. yep that's exactly what I'm getting :)
As well as a hanging one

Back
Top Bottom