Oneblade Genesis vs V2 Core

I started with the Core and then moved to the Genesis in the last few months. If I compare the Genesis to the V2 Core it is definitely a more aggressive razor, indeed I have to take a little more time and care around my neck in order to avoid any slight irritation. The Core I can throw around without fear of problems in any manner but not the Genesis. This I have to apply some of the DE techniques in terms of a light touch and face mapping. In fact the Genesis seems to require that get just right the correct pressure to get the pivot right (and this the aggressiveness) for different parts of my face.

In summary I think the Genesis is a great razor and with a little thought and technique it gives me BBS shaves without irritation. These shaves are not as “deep” as with a DE and I need to shave every day as opposed to every other with my DE but the Genesis allows me to do this without tearing my face to pieces. All in all the Genesis is for me a real upgrade from the Core, which will now become my travel razor.

Reactions: BJS
Back
Top Bottom