Shaving Soap Lid, On or Off?

I have seen this question asked before and it is a good question.

A lot of people put the lid back on right after use, some people leave it a few hours before putting the lid back on. Some people who shave in the morning, leave the lid off until they go to use the bathroom before going to bed and then put the lid back on.

Personally, what I do is. I leave the lid off either overnight (if I shave in the evening). Or, if I shave in the morning, I leave the lid off, and then put it back on when I go to use the bathroom before I go to bed.

I have seen it mentioned that certain brands of soap (can't remember which now) specifically tell you to leave the lid off of them all the time.

I leave the lid off for 24 hours or so after use, i.e. until I shave next, to allow the soap to dry, but not dehydrate too much

The exception is LPL where the maker recommends leaving the lid off permanently. I follow this advice and have had no issues with scent loss or anything else

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sean,

I have just bought the LOL soap and wondered why they recommend the lid off permanently?

Regards,

Roy
According to the manufacturer, LPL takes 4 or 5 days to evaporate the water gained through lathering, hence the recommendation to leave the lid off unless it's going into long term storage.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Personally, what I do is. I leave the lid off either overnight (if I shave in the evening). Or, if I shave in the morning, I leave the lid off, and then put it back on when I go to use the bathroom before I go to bed.

I have seen it mentioned that certain brands of soap (can't remember which now) specifically tell you to leave the lid off of them all the time.

Same here. The point is making sure the soap dries out.

Martin de Candre, Le Pere Lucien recommend not covering the soap.

Back
Top Bottom