SOTD : Saturday 17th March - Friday 23rd March 2018.

Monday AM 2018-03-19

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle (Jet Black)
Rooney 3/1 Ivory Finest (22/50)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna shaving soap (vintage)/C&E Sienna shaving cream
Delta Echo Ink Edition Feather AS-D2/UFO Titan Fine
Personna 74 Tungsten (5)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna aftershave (vintage)
YovvilK.jpg

Monday evening

Valobra menthol (non-tallow)
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Schick Injector E3
Schick Proline B
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Proraso M&E after shave

A belter of a shave this evening. The Valobra and E3 combination worked perfectly; with an outstanding post-shave feel. The E3 is an efficient little bugger and I'm left BBS. I definitely recommend the Valobra menthol soap: it lathers beautifully and leaves the skin feeling like a balm has been used.

Monday 19th March

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Palmolive Sensitive Shaving Cream
Yaqi Mysterious Space 26mm Tuxedo Brush
Ming Shi 2000S razor (3 and 5)
Dorco Titan Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Lacura Moisturiser
Pashana Lotion

A bargain basement shave at silly o'clock in the morning. 2 passes for a BBS result which still feels pretty good 17 hrs on!

Date: 20 March 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Horn 30/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Route 66 ~ The Black Pearl 3x
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:- GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Blade:- GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #3
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- YSL L'Homme

SOTD: 20th March 2018.

6+.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/L'Oreal Men Expert ~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword Pure Bristle .

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Pecksniff Classic.

Blade: Supermax Super Stainless.(1)

Razor: Yaqi DOC Head/ Parker 24C Handle. (Frankenrazor)

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./Boots ~ Freshwood A/S Balm.

Boots ~ Freshwood A/S.

Next ~ No 85 EDT.

Greetings,

Maiden shave with the Yaqi DOC head, & the Pecksniff classic shave cream today.The verdict?...

The yaqi doc head paired up with the 24c handle perfectly, making it a wonderful frankenrazor, the appearance of the head makes it looks very aggressive, but i found it very smooth and efficient,& had no problem at all finding the shaving angle..I'm really impressed by this razor head,i know it's only my first shave with it, but my gut feeling tells me this is going to become one of my favourite razors in my razor rotation...As i've stated before any razor can be aggressive, if you don't treat it with respect..my 24C with a steeper angle is slightly more aggressive,but the Yaqi doc head is equally smooth, i'll have to try a more efficient blade with it, to see what the performance will deliver,as the supermax ss isn't a aggressive blade, All in all, a smooth comfortable ,efficient razor head, which will be appearing again in my future sotd set ups..My favourite frankenrazor set up to date.

Next time out, i'll try the top cap of the Yaqi doc with my muhle r41 bottom plate & 24c handle to make another frankenrazor creation...it's got me thinking now, we shall see?

The pecksniff classic cream, is the last of my 2017 xmas gifts that i've finally got round to trying out, a superb cream that whipped up a excellent protective lather in no time, leaving a nice post shave feeling to my face without any irritation problems.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups no-irritation silky smooth shave with no errors to report.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Soap: P&B Albion
Brush: Body Shop synthetic
Razor: Q-shave Futur clone
Blade: Sputnik(2)

I love P&B soaps - fantastic scents and super slick. I had already decided that I don't like this razor and today would be the last day I used it, so just for the lolz I dialled it up to 5. It felt really good on my cheeks, but super-scary on my chin and neck. Finally I can understand those people who adjust their razors mid-shave!

image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Valobra Tallow Bath Soap
Razor ~ Kropp 8/8ths
Soap ~ Barrister And Mann ~ Lavanille
Brush ~ Razorock - Big Bruce
Post ~ Barrister And Mann ~ Lavanille Aftershave
Scent ~ Penhalligon's - Opus 1870

A very enjoyable shave with my Kropp razor, nice and slow was the way to go and I was rewarded with a nick free shave leaving me with a great finnish.
On a chilly morning like today the Penhalligon's Opus felt like a good choice, woody, spicy and warming.

Have a good day people but let's be careful out there :) P.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom