Worth getting a Valet auto strop?

Back again :D So i have taken delivery of my new (old) Valet razor, and it's in excellent condition, never been used. Unfortunately there were no blades with it so i have ordered some of the Feathers (it's the VC4 model i have). I was just wondering if it is worth stropping these with the enclosed strop? The strop with mine is in good condition, although it's not been used, it was still in the factory wrapping when i got it, it was after 70 odd years quite dry, so i unwrapped it and oiled it up a little which seems to have done the trick, but is there any benefit to stropping modern blades?

Thanks.

Back again :D So i have taken delivery of my new (old) Valet razor, and it's in excellent condition, never been used. Unfortunately there were no blades with it so i have ordered some of the Feathers (it's the VC4 model i have). I was just wondering if it is worth stropping these with the enclosed strop? The strop with mine is in good condition, although it's not been used, it was still in the factory wrapping when i got it, it was after 70 odd years quite dry, so i unwrapped it and oiled it up a little which seems to have done the trick, but is there any benefit to stropping modern blades?

Thanks.
Modern blades were not made to be stropped, however there is no harm in giving it a go and who knows, you may get a couple more shaves from the Feather blade. :) P.

So how did it turn out??

P.S.: long time lurker, fist post here. Had to register to ask: the suspense was killing me :)
After staring at the Valet and the blades for a while I came to the conclusion that the blades wouldn't be held in place properly without the pins.
I therefore decided against the experiment.

P.S.: Welcome to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom