Palmolive soap sticks problem

I think that from the ten or so sticks I tried with intended use ie rub on face and lather, the humble Palmolive is the least suitable due to how concentrated it is.

Rubbing on the brush is in my experience perfect for Palmolive as it's picking less soap so you do not need to add so much water and the lather stay firm.

The blue Wilkinson stick is also one I would avoid rubbing directly on my face for similar reasons.

The best one for face rubbing is Tabac closly followed by Arko imho.

Hi all,
I'm experimenting Palmolive soap sticks. I've seen a few people on YouTube say how fantastic they are for the price.
I love the smell, it reminds me of how men's shaving smelt in the 1970s.

My problem is no mater how I make the lather I can't get enough moisture in it. I find it dries slightly on my face or clogs the razor and is difficult to rinse clear.

Any ideas other than binning it?

Needs more water. Keep adding small amounts of water until the lather becomes heavy and yoghurty. The brush will get noticeably heavier.

Aye, more water. I also find loading the brush then face lathering, rather than loading the face then lathering, works best with Palmolive sticks. Avoids the razor getting clogged with un-lathered soap residue.

Treat it like a hard soap.

Until you are used to it, just really load it up on either a damp brush or your face. Then either using the bowl or your face, keep working it and dipping the tips of your brush in water regularly. You will soon find the hot spot (which is quite wide with palmolive). You will get a thick and lovely lather.

A marvellous soap.

Instead of grating has anyone tried to beat soap sticks into submission with a kitchen hammer (for pounding pork chops)? Once the stick flattens it should become malleable and easy to shape into a bowl.

No, but I despise grating as you lose precious soap stuck in the teeth of the grater that requires anal retentive minute scraping to reclaim. :rolleyes:

A far better way IMO is to lay the stick on its side and with a sharp knife slice off coin thick slices that you can lay into a a container and press flat. Works like a charm and you lose no soap. ;)

No, but I despise grating as you lose precious soap stuck in the teeth of the grater that requires anal retentive minute scraping to reclaim. :rolleyes:

A far better way IMO is to lay the stick on its side and with a sharp knife slice off coin thick slices that you can lay into a a container and press flat. Works like a charm and you lose no soap. ;)
Its 49p....

Back
Top Bottom