SE blade help please

Got a Mongoose on the way, been told it's aggressive which scares me, got the following blade samples. I appreciate it's subjective but could you offer advice on which is the mildest. Mildest 1st, skin remover last please.
Kai Pink, Feather Pro, Feather Super and Feather ProGuard, Schick proline P-30

Last edited:
I would say, in order of aggressiveness, with least aggressive listed first and so on:

Kai Pink, Feather ProGuard, Schick Proline P-30, Feather Super, Feather Pro.

I have used all these blades in a General and an ATT SE1. My favourite is the Schick Proline P-30; for me the best balance of sharpness and smoothness.
As a side note, I cannot use DE Feather blades in any razor (too aggressive for my skin), but I am OK with the SE Feather Pro, which is my second favourite behind the P-30.

Unless you got the aluminium Mongoose, it isn't especially aggressive. It's a nice shave, especially with a smooth blade like the Proline. Enjoy. Then when you have got the hang of it, get a Cobra (as well, obviously).

I didn't find the Mongoose aggressive. I'm not sure which stainless model it was as it was a loaner from @Barry Giddens.
I found it hard to get a close finish under the jawline and ended up using a Pro Super.
So if it's the same model, a Schick Proline P or Feather Pro should be ok.

I didn't find the Mongoose aggressive. I'm not sure which stainless model it was as it was a loaner from @Barry Giddens.
I found it hard to get a close finish under the jawline and ended up using a Pro Super.
So if it's the same model, a Schick Proline P or Feather Pro should be ok.
I have to agree with @Boru62. I didn't find it particularly aggressive and eventually I decided it wasn't for me and moved it on. That's not to say it's a bad razor. I know it has its fans. But I struggled to get a very close shave. Try as many blades as you can, but you can't really go wrong with a Proline.

Further to my last. Just had another Shave with a Mongoose/Schick Proline a top notch Shave and I have a tough beard, needing to Shave daily.
Just ordered more direct from Japan, at around £8.50 for 30 thats a good deal.

Back
Top Bottom