SOTD ,SATURDAY 19th JANUARY 2019 - FRIDAY 25th January 2019.

SOTD : 19th January 2019.

76.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Carbon Shower Total Action.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Frank Shaving ~ Silver tip Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Scottish Fine Classic.

Blade: Bolzano Superinox.(6)

Razor: Parker 87R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Boots ~ Freshwood ASL.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...I recently use the Bolzano Superinox blade and was totally impressed by it's smooth sharp efficiency & performance after it's fifth use..well, i've pushed the boat out and carried on with the same blade to see if it can still perform with it's smooth sharpness, the verdict?....Still feeling amazingly smooth & sharp with no signs of tugging, resulting in a very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.A superb shave...I'm going to use the blade again tomorrow for it seventh outing!

Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Boots ~ Freshwood ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)
clear.png

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Sat 19th Jan

Omega 10005 boar
Lea Classic soap
Alu. General /Claymore Handle
Schick Proline [ 8 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

I switched from Injectors today for a change of style. Though for me the blade may be on the wane, the Shave was smooth and comfortable with no tugging. Finish wise very nice just not ultra close on the cheeks, but I am pleased at how well I get the awkward areas of my neck cleared up with this Razor/Blade combo.

Now tidied up to receive visitors for lunch, just a few chores in the kitchen and a ride to the shops to get fresh bread. Hope you all have a good weekend and not too troubled by bad weather.

IMG_0336.jpg

Last edited:
Second Shave with the Slant this time with a different blade and my new OSP cream that was delivered yesterday. Very Nice.

View attachment 40759

Razor: Icon 102

Blade : Voskhod

Brush: Omega

Bowl: Giles Shaving

Soap: OSP Grapefruit and Menthol

Preshave : EJ Menthol

Balm: Bull Dog

Scent : Body Shop Activist
+ 1 on the OSP Grapefruit and Menthol cream.Superb stuff..A great kick of menthol to start the day off with some zest!.:cool:

Last edited:
Saturday 19th January

La Toja Magna Soap
Clubman Shave Butter (Preshave)
RazoRock Tuscan Oud Soap
Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic Brush
GEM HFT Razor with a GEM SS Blade
Lucky Tiger AS and Toner
Palmer's for Men Moisturiser
Oudh Khalifa EDP

3 passes and a little extra work round the Adam's Apple for a wonderful Shave:)

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Saturday 19th January 2019 PM

Pre-shave:- Warm rinse / Proraso Red Pre Shave cream
Brush:- Executive Shaving Company Medium Jock Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- OSP Barbershop Cream
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Hawk / Schick Proline P-30 (1)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Floid Vigoroso aftershave / Barts Balm Cinnamon and Patchouli balm

2cab4dc5a7abe13dd30b66292cdad216.jpg

My first SE shave.......

I kept to a tried and tested routine, only changing the razor and accompanying blade. They did not disappoint.

I won't deny it, I was quite apprehensive when lining up my weapons of choice today. The blades had arrived in the post earlier and I was like a wee kid.....unwrapping the razor again, carefully sliding out a blade, putting them together, looking at them together in various lights, holding them up like Simba being born in the Lion King. After the initial excitement, doubt started to creep in.....the dreaded feeling of disappointment.... what if.....what if I hate it....what if it's like a blood bath.....what if it's not as good as my 6c and 7 o'clock combination....what if...what if.... I put the razor away until later when I was ready to shave.

After preparing and lathering up, it's so different holding the Hawk in comparison to say my Merkur 34c, or Rockwell 6c. The weight difference is enormous. Enormous to the extent that you feel like you're holding something brittle. The Hawk is so lightweight, but the blade exposure certainly makes up for that....it looks lethal.

The first few strokes reveal even more differences. The 1st and most obvious is one stroke literally shaves almost half my face. I also notice a change in having to pull the blade that little bit harder. Nothing major or concerning, just that the blade feels like it's pulling up my whiskers before slicing through them. It's not uncomfortable in any way, just different. It's like that throughout my shave, in particular the areas I've struggled previously to get BBS. I'm unsure if it's just the lesser weight of the razor, but it's too early to be thinking about changing handles yet.

Rinsing after the 1st pass is awesome. Everywhere seems like towards the end of a DE shave. Smooth in most places but a little more work needed. The 2nd and 3rd passes are done without incident. The smallest of weepers on my chin but I know that was me applying a tad too much pressure during one particular stroke as I was chasing BBS. Rinsing after my final pass and I was delighted. Yes, not 100% perfect, but for my 1st SE shave I'll take that.

Splashing on the Thayers and then the Floid I had that burn I love....the one that lets you know you've had a good shave, but not so nippy to tell you you've pushed it just a bit too far.

Sitting here I'm still feeling the good burn. Floid Vigoroso is a joy to behold!

As to my 1st SE shave, I can say with confidence that I've made a good choice by dipping my toe in. I can't stop rubbing my face and smiling.

Here's to many more shaves like this!

Have a great weekend folks. [emoji1303]

Back
Top Bottom