A heartfelt thank you to moderators

Earlier this evening, there were instances of one member using completely inappropriate language against fellow members, and posting images which were deeply offensive and sickening. I am not going to provide any more details than that, but no doubt some others reading those threads will know to what I am referring.

Although I was not participating in the conversations, I reported this user several times in the space of a few minutes, and others may have done likewise. Within thirty minutes of the first report, one thread had been closed down, and the offensive posts removed.

I would like to publicly thank the moderator(s) who responded so quickly to this unacceptable behaviour and who took decisive action to remove the offending posts. I imagine being a moderator is a thankless task at the best of times, and they get plenty of brickbats but precious few bouquets. You did a great job tonight, and I wanted to say well done, and thank you.

To anyone reading this who saw the posts in question: please don't use this thread to discuss the nature of these postings or the character of the user. I don't think that's appropriate, and that's not why I started the thread. But it would be highly appropriate for anyone else to chip in on this thread and to thank our moderators for the job they do behind the scenes.

Earlier this evening, there were instances of one member using completely inappropriate language against fellow members, and posting images which were deeply offensive and sickening. I am not going to provide any more details than that, but no doubt some others reading those threads will know to what I am referring.

Although I was not participating in the conversations, I reported this user several times in the space of a few minutes, and others may have done likewise. Within thirty minutes of the first report, one thread had been closed down, and the offensive posts removed.

I would like to publicly thank the moderator(s) who responded so quickly to this unacceptable behaviour and who took decisive action to remove the offending posts. I imagine being a moderator is a thankless task at the best of times, and they get plenty of brickbats but precious few bouquets. You did a great job tonight, and I wanted to say well done, and thank you.

To anyone reading this who saw the posts in question: please don't use this thread to discuss the nature of these postings or the character of the user. I don't think that's appropriate, and that's not why I started the thread. But it would be highly appropriate for anyone else to chip in on this thread and to thank our moderators for the job they do behind the scenes.
Well said that man.

Ditto all the above. Very quick and valued response by Paul to an unusually strange and unpleasant episode.

(One thing I don't understand though... how is it that particular poster's photo/avatar has changed twice in the time following the occurrence. Surely he can't still have access to the forum?)

Greetings
Changed to a two fingered salute!
Regards
Dick.

Likewise Thankyou to the moderators.The OP was no doubt created to start trouble because the following posts-language & sick images all had a feel of premeditation to them in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom