A question I'd like you to answer, please ...

Hello Steve..I am left handed and I use both hands to shave..something I had to practice when learning with a straight razor(though I am mainly using DE now) It's like everything..the more you do it, the easier it becomes and the better you get at it!
It's really not that hard (just my experience)

Good luck!

I'm right-handed, and I'll use that hand to shave the right side of my face. How hard is it to learn to use your weak hand to shave the left side of your face? How many only use their strong hand?

Thanks guys.
It's not too difficult to use your non dominant hand, I sometimes have to if my shoulder is playing up. It's just practice is all :)

I'm predominantly right-handed. I play guitar and have played rugby so have taught myself to use my left hand as well. Straight shaving seems to be generally easier with the right hand but not difficult with the left. I have more control for the right but my light-handedness with the left means I usually end up with less irritation (if I have any irritation) with the left.

Tl, dr; I can use both, it didn't feel overly difficult to learn to use both and I dived right in.

It's not too difficult to use your non dominant hand, I sometimes have to if my shoulder is playing up. It's just practice is all :)
Same sort of thing here. However, being right-handed, when I shave with my left, I find it much easier to shave the left hand side than the right. A caveat; I can do this with a DE or an SE razor, but I'm dashed if I'd attempt it with a straight.

Same sort of thing here. However, being right-handed, when I shave with my left, I find it much easier to shave the left hand side than the right. A caveat; I can do this with a DE or an SE razor, but I'm dashed if I'd attempt it with a straight.
Although I do not use straights as much as my DE or SE razors I can manage to use a straight with my left hand when need be ( I'm right handed) it just takes more time and care, if you lost your right arm/ hand you would soon learn to do so.. :)

When I started straight shaving, about 11 years ago, I shaved both sides with the right hand for about 2-3 weeks.
Then tried to shave my left with the left hand. Felt odd to say the least. But after a short time it came natural to me.
Nowadays when I try to shave the left side with my right hand I cant get a good shave on that side, it feels wrong.
However those seldom moments when I use a DE I cant shave with the left hand. Always using the right hand for both sides.

Just for a lark when my shoulder joint was not as bad as it is now I when comparing two different razors i shaved both sides of my face at the same time and done a reasonable job of it....strainge but true! :) (With two DE razors)

Back
Top Bottom