A Shavemac variable loft brush

The adjustable of the brush world.

LINK

I think I may be opening up a can of worms here but here we go...

1818_0.jpg

Mr_Smartepants said:
Funny that you bring this up now. I was just pondering the engineering complexities of an adjustable brush. They beat me to it.

That brush took a while to get right. I remember when Dr Moss and Bernd were figuring out the innards and it didn't happen overnight.

If you wanna see how this thing came to be you can do a search over at SMF, which is where Chris hangs out.

sadly knot me (cheesy pun i know) but i spent enough already past week or so. Also price is in Euros then shipping in dollars (guessing its from US ????) which means import tax on top! too rich for my blood

Erm - apart from wanting to own only one brush - which would be very dull, I'd have thought - why would anyone want a variable brush? And as for only having one handle, well - duller and duller.

It's a nice idea, I think.
One instance where I think this design would be particularly useful is if, say, one was going travelling.
Due to baggage restrictions you can't take liquids / creams and that puts your favourite shave cream out of play.
You're travelling somewhere exotic and decide, so be it.
I'll pick up a local product, which could be hard soap, croap or cream.
Not only does the variable loft brush adjust to accomodate the new choice, which may not be a choice at all if there's limited availability, but to space save and protect itself during travel storage, i.e. rolling around in the bottom of a rucksack, you can let it dry then retract the loft fully into the handle, thereby protecting the base of the hairs from damage, in much the same way as the Simpsons Major.

That's just one scenario where this utility brush comes into its own.

Back
Top Bottom