Actual shops to try creams?

I've been looking on the forum to find a section about shops sorted by location but couldn't find it. If it's there and this thread is in the wrong place, please let me know!

I'm new to the whole DE shaving world and looking to try different soaps, creams, aftershaves and balms but before buying would like to go to an actual shop to try/smell or even feel different scents of the products.

Anyone know of a shop located in the North Wales area, say between Llandudno/Colwyn Bay and Manchester where they have a decent selection?

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Mike

I could be wrong Mike but I'm fairly certain that nearly everyone in this hobby buys the bulk of their stuff online. I don't live in the UK so I don't know of any specific stores beyond the London based Trumpers/Taylors/Trufitt & Hill/DR Harris brigade but you can get an excellent samples of soaps, creams, balms and blades at very reasonable prices from Shavedash.com

Shwmae! From a quick look around I can see that the Trafford Centre (Manchester) has a l'Occitane shop and a Body Shop. You may be able to try out some of the shaving creams there but there really is only a limited selection from either shop, so travelling might not be worthwhile. Body Shop macca root is inexpensive and well-regarded on here and you can often find deals for it (O2 priority deals has a 30% off code at the moment, for example). You may be able to find either shop closer to you than Manchester, though I don't know Gogledd Cymru (North Wales) well enough to comment further!

Hope this helps all the same.

Thanks guys, yeah I know most of the stuff is for sale online but there's an awesome shop in Naarden, the Netherlands where you can try loads of different soaps, creams, aftershaves etc and was hoping to find something similar in North Wales!

I'll look into the websites for samples and I'm sure there's a body shop near us.

Thanks!

To expand on my previous answer, The Traditional Shaving Company shop is brilliant. The young lady who works there is very friendly and knowledgable about her products, and they have one of everything that you can open and sniff. She also gives you samples and fudge. :)

The OP did mention Manchester and Leeds isn't that far from it.

Back
Top Bottom