Advice needed: Ebay seller cancelled a transaction

Situation
Last Sunday I bought a cube of Marseille soap (buy it now) for £3.89 from a British seller. The seller has just cancelled the transaction last night and gave me a refund. For that purpose he had to open a case, it is the procedure ; it's up to me to accept it or not.

I was going to accept without any problems (that will not bother me…), until I read the reason given for cancelling the order: I bought the item by mistake and changed my mind…

Apparently the seller is very imaginative, because I have never contacted him to cancel the order… I bought the item very knowingly. Besides, his prices for the same item doubled a few minutes after my order (more than £10). In my opinion, he wrongly priced his items in the first place (his mistake).

Target :
Actually, it does not bother me that much, but he could have contacted me right after the sale and I would have accepted to cancel the transaction without any problem. He made a mistake, does not assume and explains it by my supposed indecisive nature. Therefore, by blaming me, he is lying.

It is not about money, but I am not really ready to condone this kind of behaviour.

Options
Not that many in fact… Ebay cannot force sellers to sale, besides, money is already on my Paypal account. I cannot even leave a negative feedback or at least relate the facts.

The only option I have is to refuse the resolution, but it will likely be quite ineffective I am afraid.

Any ideas ?

From past experience: Let it go. You can fight it and end up with no soap and high blood pressure.
Ebay will not be of any help.
As it is a British seller you have legal options, but you'll end up with no soap and a stroke.
Use the money to buy 7 Palmolive sticks and sell them on ebay.

Situation
Last Sunday I bought a cube of Marseille soap (buy it now) for £3.89 from a British seller. The seller has just cancelled the transaction last night and gave me a refund. For that purpose he had to open a case, it is the procedure ; it's up to me to accept it or not.

I was going to accept without any problems (that will not bother me…), until I read the reason given for cancelling the order: I bought the item by mistake and changed my mind…

Apparently the seller is very imaginative, because I have never contacted him to cancel the order… I bought the item very knowingly. Besides, his prices for the same item doubled a few minutes after my order (more than £10). In my opinion, he wrongly priced his items in the first place (his mistake).

Target :
Actually, it does not bother me that much, but he could have contacted me right after the sale and I would have accepted to cancel the transaction without any problem. He made a mistake, does not assume and explains it by my supposed indecisive nature. Therefore, by blaming me, he is lying.

It is not about money, but I am not really ready to condone this kind of behaviour.

Options
Not that many in fact… Ebay cannot force sellers to sale, besides, money is already on my Paypal account. I cannot even leave a negative feedback or at least relate the facts.

The only option I have is to refuse the resolution, but it will likely be quite ineffective I am afraid.

Any ideas ?
As you say, to refuse would be ineffective however if it was me I would refuse and make sure Ebay knew the full story, it's not on , it's happened to me once, I knew it was because I was the only bidder and got the item dirt cheap and the seller had no honour. Or as @riverrun has said chalk it up to experience and get on with life and forget this toe rag :)

As we say in French, I will "leave it marinade" (laisser mariner) until the deadline (11th of August) and I will then take a decision.
A little honesty from the seller would have been appreciated, that's all; in lieu of blaming the buyer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom