Advice please.

Good afternoon all.
I received a letter today from a lady up north who said she had received a book from which she had no recollection of ordering, that would be because she didn't.
The book in question was ordered by myself, for me, and the seller has somehow got our addresses mixed up.
My issue now is, why did she think it was from me? Also, should I be upset that some random stranger has received my name and address details?
The tone of the letter, well a card inside an envelope, was one of genuine concern and the email address she provided was a .org which I think is a charity.
I have contacted the seller with my concerns but should I also report them to eBay?

Just to piss me off even more some light bulbs I ordered have arrived and they're the wrong bloody ones, the seller sending the wrong ones not me incorrectly ordering, this one is courtesy or Amazon.

Dave.

It's the vendor's duty to supply you with the goods (the book) which you've paid for. Or give you a full refund if they can't. A complaint to eBay should sort that out, if they don't comply.

As to how a stranger has gotten hold of your name and address, my guess is that it was printed on the receipt with along with the book.

The lady's concern is understandable Perhaps she thinks she might be billed for the book which she didn't order, or will have to pay for posting it back or onwards to you. Neither of which is true, of course. The onus is on the vendor to send her a pre-paid envelope for its return.

The main thing, as I've already said, is that you are entitled to the book, or your money back. It's not your job to negotiate its re-delivery with the lady. That's the vendor's/eBay's problem.

Actually, I can see a comical side to this, but if I was in your shoes I'd be pretty pissed off too.

Good luck with this one, Dave.

Alan

Had similar happen to me, received another persons order by accident. I suppose given thenature of most businesses a mistake will occur at some point or other. I received a very expensive table book instead of apin feather holder I was expecting. Simply contacted the seller/store and was asked if I could forward it on to the customer and received a cheque and voucher in the post, along with an apology letter.

Received my parcel a few days later and thought nothing more of it. What was her letter about? Stating a mix up? Did she send you the book along with it? Assuming you ordered online wouldn't there be an email address that you could have been contacted on instead of a letter?

I wouldnt be concerned about my name and address was sent to someone as a genuine mix up, I would be concerned about payment details on the invoice, though I think there is nothing malicious here.

I wouldn't report them to ebay, especially if they apology and rectify things for you. Certainly would mention it in feedback

I keep receiving letters and parcels which have failed to deliver to a number of addresses. The letters/parcels were sent by a company not too far from where I live, however the postman keeps delivering them to my address despite:

(a) my house number not being on the return address and,
(b) it being an entirely different street name, post code etc.

It seems as though the simplest of tasks ends up going awry.

I'd say there's no harm pointing this out to the vendor - if you're concerned at someone having personal information then raise that in such a manner.

As Nolisco said, see what the vendor can do before giving negative feedback. It'd seem the threat of negative feedback will do more for you than actually dishing it out.

Had similar happen to me, received another persons order by accident. I suppose given thenature of most businesses a mistake will occur at some point or other. I received a very expensive table book instead of apin feather holder I was expecting. Simply contacted the seller/store and was asked if I could forward it on to the customer and received a cheque and voucher in the post, along with an apology letter.

Received my parcel a few days later and thought nothing more of it. What was her letter about? Stating a mix up? Did she send you the book along with it? Assuming you ordered online wouldn't there be an email address that you could have been contacted on instead of a letter?

I wouldnt be concerned about my name and address was sent to someone as a genuine mix up, I would be concerned about payment details on the invoice, though I think there is nothing malicious here.

I wouldn't report them to ebay, especially if they apology and rectify things for you. Certainly would mention it in feedback

The letter was about her confusion at receiving a book she didn't order, she didn't send it onto me as she thought it was from me.
I've calmed down a bit now and shall await the vendors reply before deciding on what feedback to give.
Hopefully they will send her either a pre paid envelope to return the book or reimburse her cost to send it onto me.
Thanks for the replies guys.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom