Aftershave without a scent

DPG

Dear All,

I know there are threads about this, but having read them, I'm still unsure the products mentioned are exactly what I am looking for, so thought I'd start a fresh thread here to ask.

I want to buy an "aftershave" (liquid, not balm) which is completely without a scent (or as near to being, as possible) which I can use after I've finished shaving to disinfect any nicks, help close them (and the pores) up, and provide a bit of (for want of a better word) a sting.

My post shave regimen is currently: Geo F Trumper Skin Food, moisturiser (high street brand), aftershave (scented).

I'm changing scent however to something which is only available as an EdT, and therefore need something I can use for the astringent effect, while allowing me to then use the EdT without any clash of scent.

While I find aftershave balms soothing, they don't provide the sting I'm after and are basically interchangeable with the Skin Food as a soother.

Thayer's Withhazel Astringent seems to be something that's been mentioned a lot online, so wondering if anyone could confirm whether this is in fact the product I should be buying to satisfy the above requirement? If so, any leads on where to get it in the UK would be appreciated - It seems to have vanished from amazon.

Many thanks in advance for any pointers!

D.

Thayer's Normal Witch Hazel(un-scented/rose/cucumber etc..) will not provide sting and it definitely don't feel like an aftershave on the skin, I suggest that you buy the 'Thayer's Witch Hazel Aftershave' the bottle is smaller and it contains alcohol and witch hazel so it will provide a good sting after the application and evaporates and gone. There is no scent at all. Another choice can be 4711 Aftershave, it is scented but the scent lasts only minutes, after the application just go and have a cup of tea or brush your teeth and it will be all gone, provides good sting as well.

Hi!

As a fan of Lea products, I can recommend you as well Lea lotion for sensitive skin: without alcohol, light soapy like scent, very soothing and reasonably cheap.

Regards

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

I use Tüff Sensitiv as an alcoholic aftershave when putting on some EdT. Tüff does not contain any perfume oils. It does have a slight herby scent, but it does not linger at all and doesn't interfere with other scents you put on afterwards. It's also dirt cheap (3 Euros a bottle). Only problem is, that getting it in the UK is a bit of a challenge. I normally have some delivered to an address in Germany and either pick it up on my next visit or have some visitors bring it over..
Here's a link on Amazon UK, but it's almost 10 quid there :eek:

PS.. It's cheaper from Amazon seller "hairpoint" if you buy several bottles. I bought some from them without problems a number of years ago when they sold it for under 4 quid.. I now buy mine in Germany though...

Last edited:
Any chance of a link please ?

The dreaded eBay I'm afraid... https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/201687081988

I use Tüff Sensitiv as an alcoholic aftershave when putting on some EdT. Tüff does not contain any perfume oils. It does have a slight herby scent, but it does not linger at all and doesn't interfere with other scents you put on afterwards. It's also dirt cheap (3 Euros a bottle). Only problem is, that getting it in the UK is a bit of a challenge. I normally have some delivered to an address in Germany and either pick it up on my next visit or have some visitors bring it over..
Here's a link on Amazon UK, but it's almost 10 quid there :eek:

PS.. It's cheaper from Amazon seller "hairpoint" if you buy several bottles. I bought some from them without problems a number of years ago when they sold it for under 4 quid.. I now buy mine in Germany though...

Tüff is also available from yourshaving.com, 10% discount code “YSC”... They're in Spain so shipping is about 10 Euros, probably only worth it if buying in bulk. I've tried the herb version, very good it is too.

Tüff is also available from yourshaving.com, 10% discount code “YSC”... They're in Spain so shipping is about 10 Euros, probably only worth it if buying in bulk. I've tried the herb version, very good it is too.
Reasonable. Tüff Herb is very good as well, but not perfume free. Herb btw does not refer to our English 'herb' but I'd translate it as 'dry' (dry as in 'not sweet' (wine), not as in 'not wet' :D)

Back
Top Bottom