This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aldi/ lidl single malt

Discussion in 'Food and Drink Talk' started by isaiah53, Sunday February 18, 2018.

1. isaiah53

isaiah53

has anyone got an opinion on these? i seem to be developing a taste for whisky, but decent whisky isnt cheap. are the aldi and lidl single malts worth considering, or are they a case of getting what you pay for?

2. Glen_Lee

Glen_Lee

Great question, and I will follow your thread closely as I'm interested too. Read an article, and I cant find it right now - that the Aldi Speyside won an award for whisky of the year. Saw it this morning for £17.99.

3. Both do an islay blend which are very good if you like a peaty whisky

isaiah53 likes this.
  4. riverrun

riverrun

Lidl's Ben Bracken Islay is not bad for the price...
    Not in the same league as, say, Lagavulin 16 - but that's almost three times the price...

isaiah53 likes this.
  5. Webbo

Webbo

Keep an eye on their website, they do have some really great ones that come up. Occasionally they will make the national papers when one wins an award however these then get snapped up quickly.

6. Glen_Lee

Glen_Lee

No idea if he tells the truth!

7. Glen_Lee

Glen_Lee

Dont have a Lidl nearby - if Aldi have some of the Speyside in stock this weekend, will buy a bottle.

isaiah53 likes this.