Anyone using Vie long soap?

I'm currently using a Palmolive stick as my tallow based soap (cheap introduction) and whilst i can't criticise it's performance i am starting to tire of it's scent, it's not bad i just fancy something different.

So Valobra is definitely on my shopping list as it seems toi be highly rated, however i've also seen this:
http://www.connaughtshaving.com/32003.html

Seems like a good bargain too, but does anyone have any feedback on it?

I'm currently using a Palmolive stick as my tallow based soap (cheap introduction) and whilst i can't criticise it's performance i am starting to tire of it's scent, it's not bad i just fancy something different.

So Valobra is definitely on my shopping list as it seems toi be highly rated, however i've also seen this:
http://www.connaughtshaving.com/32003.html

Seems like a good bargain too, but does anyone have any feedback on it?

The Lea tallow stick is pretty good. If you're looking for other tallow based sticks I prefer Tabac for performance (the scent can be a bit divisive) and even though it's a fair chunk more expensive the Valobra stick is truly majestic.

But if you are looking for a tallow based soap that is affordable and are happy to go for something which isn't a stick I myself and others really hold Vitos Red Coco in high estimation. Connaught sell it by the block but Gemstone sell it in smaller chunks.

Yes, it is a good soap, it is exactly same as Lea(tallow formula) stick, as a matter of fact it is produced by Lea so it is just a re-brand.
On the basis of what you have said I have ordered two sticks. I love the Lea tallow soap stick and it is a shame it is no longer available, if this is infact a rebranded Lea tallow stick I will be more than happy.
Thanks for the info. P.

Last edited:
...But if you are looking for a tallow based soap that is affordable and are happy to go for something which isn't a stick I myself and others really hold Vitos Red Coco in high estimation. Connaught sell it by the block but Gemstone sell it in smaller chunks.

This would be as good a time as any to explain the difference between the Red & Green Vitos soap if you would please. Doesn't one have coconut and/or glycerin and the other not? :confused:

Thanks all, why do i start to feel like i'm going to end up with far more soap than i could ever realistically use? and then there's the creams i want to try as well!

I have one but haven't used it yet as I already have a Lea stick on the go. The Ingredients are identical and the labels even list them in the same order.

Have you had a chance to take the VL stick out of the case? On the B&B Sticks project thread, the author described even though the ingredients lists are the same the soap sticks were different to his observations as they had different scents and a slightly different colour as well and the author prefers the VL stick to the Lea one.

img_2315-jpg.669546

And the author of the post describes them as "The sticks are, however, not exactly the same colour-wise. You can notice that Lea is pure white where Vie Long is more of a yellowish white. The perfume or fragrance could cause this, I do not know. They don't have the same scent. Lea is pulling toward laundry detergent where Vie Long is more of a soapy scent with a bit of citrus."

Back
Top Bottom