April 2017 Acquisitions

A selection of blades so I can experiment with a few types of blades.

getPart

My final mail call for the forseeable future, was worried the Shavemac Americana was lost in transit, about 5 days overdue.

Straight out of the box and after a test lather. My photos don't do it justice.
330wjza.jpg

Also received a PAA Oxblood Bakelite Open Comb Slant from ShavingStation, I like the colour because it will hide the blood when I use it.

25ph560.jpg

Finally a replacement styptic pencil, mine vanished somewhere. Going to be a good shave tomorrow!

My final mail call for the forseeable future, was worried the Shavemac Americana was lost in transit, about 5 days overdue.

Straight out of the box and after a test lather. My photos don't do it justice.
330wjza.jpg

Also received a PAA Oxblood Bakelite Open Comb Slant from ShavingStation, I like the colour because it will hide the blood when I use it.

25ph560.jpg

Finally a replacement styptic pencil, mine vanished somewhere. Going to be a good shave tomorrow!
A great looking brush, enjoy your shave tomorrow! :)

Back in December last year I picked up a Gillette Fatboy F2, it was in quite nice condition, barely any plate loss on the head but the handle was showing brass. I decided to get it re-plated, the plating was done by http://restoredrazors.com/ and it looks excellent, including the nicely repainted numbers. Next shave will be with this razor.

View attachment 24466 View attachment 24467 View attachment 24468 View attachment 24469 View attachment 24470

Your Fatboy looks great with it's new coat on, enjoy !!!

Make sure you tighten the razor fully.First couple of times I used mine were a nightmare.Iwas thinking of binning it until I realised it wasn't quite tight enough.Now it's a joy to use
I was growing a tache since Sunday and I couldn't resist a quick go of it, with zero prep it felt ok, a little tuggy but I think tomorrow it will feel a lot better. The lack of prep certainly hindered it, made me realise how effective good prep is!

I do notice loading a blade the posts are very tight, I think they could have a smidge shaved off them, the blade seems awful tight to the point I see a little plastic shaved off so to speak, something I notice others mention on other forums. Anywho proof is in the pudding and hopefully a good shave will be had tomorrow.

Curious to see how it compares against a Fine slant

@nolisco

- that's a magnificent looking brush. It's just going to bloom and bloom with use. I've admired them from afar on sotd photos over the years. What knot did you go for? I.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom