Argan Oil hair conditioner used as pre-shave

Bought some argan oil hair conditioner from lidl, the ingredients seemed okay, a detangling/gloss agent and then a whole load of oils with argan first. I'd heard that argan oil could be a good pre-shave & mantic59 recommends using hair conditioner to soften the bristles before a shave.

Tonight I prepped with an exfoliating wash, rubbed in a little of this conditioner in followed by hot towel
for a couple of minutes.
It has given the best shave I've ever had, noticeably better glide for all 3 passes resulting in the closest & most comfortable shave to date.

It was third shave with a perma-sharp blade in an ikon OC DE, soap was PannaCrema.
Nothing else changed; substituted conditioner instead of some lather before the hot towel.

Insufficient ooooo's in smooth to describe my face at the moment.
For a quid, worth a punt if you see any. Should it not improve your shave, use it on the top-knot!

That's what I always use in the shower to wash my face, I find that any conditioner will do but the Creighton's Aragan is very effective and like you said cheap.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Was surprised how much difference it made. Myrsol emulsion is good, this was quite a bit better for me.

A good test as I've been using the same setup for more than a week, this was the only change.

We sell it for a pound at the Pharmacy too, I wanted to find out the % Argan oil content within the product, fired an email off and was told it is less than 3% in 100ml batch.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The paltry 3ml in 100 seems to be doing the trick for me.
From memory castor oil is quite far up the ingredients list & that features in a lot of preshave products.
No doubt it works, hairs are much easier to cut in the dense areas of chin & top lip, my beard is really quite white now & similar to steel wool.

I found some Abyssinian Oil in Holland & Barrett when I popped in looking for something to help with my ingrown hairs.

It leaves my skin feeling great, and this thread has inspired me to try it as a pre shave. Thanks guys!

I really like the idea of re-purposing products for shaving e.g. I saw someone on here recommend 'Baby Bottom Butter' for their razor burn. Women have caught on and are using it as a facial moisturiser apparently, so why not us? One benefit is these things are very often cheaper than the products directly marketed for shaving.

Billy what brand is this and where do you buy from please? ;)
$_35.JPG

It Lasts for Yonks..A Pea Size or Two is all you need..It Penetrates the Hair..Its Very Thin..:)
http://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=L&a...ahUKEwi9ucfkrezNAhUJiRoKHcV8BncQvhcIIg&adurl=

Billy

$_35.JPG

It Lasts for Yonks..A Pea Size or Two is all you need..It Penetrates the Hair..Its Very Thin..:)
http://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=L&a...ahUKEwi9ucfkrezNAhUJiRoKHcV8BncQvhcIIg&adurl=

Billy
Are you sure that's pure argan oil? Their website gives the ingredients for the above as: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Limonene, Linalool.

I get mine from http://www.akomaskincare.co.uk/oils/carrier-oils-organic-a-z/argan-moroccan-oil.html - along with shea butter and a few other bits.

Back
Top Bottom