Barbaros TR-1 - Stainless Steel Safety Razor

Hello Gents,

I would like to introduce you the very first Stainless Steel DE Razor manufactured in Turkey, Barbaros.

I have been working on it almost a year and its nearly done.

Details:

Material: 316L Stainless Steel
Total weight: 121g
Head: 35g
Handle: 86g
Baseplate: 42 x 24.6 x ~6mm
Topcap: 42 x 19.2mm
Handle: 14 x 85mm
Suface Finish: Polished

It is a mid-aggressive razor. I think you can put it between Merkur 34C HD and Fatip. I will send it to the wetshavers in our local forum (I would rather not to send it abroad since it will take too much time in postage) to hear more feedback asap. Then the production will start.

Unfortunately I cannot give you an estimate about the start of the production and the price. I will spread the news when there is update.

I kindly ask you to visit my page and subscribe to get the news and like & share the socials to spread the news.

Thanks
Hasan

BarbarosRazors Web Page
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

-----------

Update

Production has started today (21-12-2015), estimated finish time is 1-7 February 2016.

The price will be $160 + shipping. There will be Polished and Matte versions.

I will open preorder soon and preorderers will have the chance to get it $135 ($25 discounted). I will mail to the subscribers when the preordering is open.

-----------

2rrrvxx.jpg

r7kmrd.jpg

346ust1.jpg

Last edited:
Also subscribed. I rather like the head...the handle might take some time to warm up to. How is the handle made? Is it machined - and is it then chrome plated? (I have no idea why but for some reason it appears plated to me which, granted, wouldn't make sense).

Also subscribed. I rather like the head...the handle might take some time to warm up to. How is the handle made? Is it machined - and is it then chrome plated? (I have no idea why but for some reason it appears plated to me which, granted, wouldn't make sense).

I think you will love it when you see it in your hands. Today I received the same critic from a friend and a couple hours later he said, the handle now looks better than I see before :)
The handle is machined, and not plated. It was just polished to high gloss. Maybe the photos mislead.

I think you will love it when you see it in your hands. Today I received the same critic from a friend and a couple hours later he said, the handle now looks better than I see before :)
The handle is machined, and not plated. It was just polished to high gloss. Maybe the photos mislead.

Will there also be a satin/brushed version for those of us who are not into the high gloss/polished look?
Btw, congratulations and best of luck on your new venture!

When looking at the Wolfman stuff I kept wondering why we can't produce something as nice in the UK or at least in the EU.

Subscribed - but I suspect would favour the matt/brushed finish much more.

Interesting razor. Good luck @theunnamed . Just remembered that you are a lucky guy already - winning the October raffle... (btw - the November raffle is open now here)
When looking at the Wolfman stuff I kept wondering why we can't produce something as nice in the UK or at least in the EU.
I'm sure a stainless steel Merkur (say 34SS or Progress SS - not sure the Germans would call it SS though :D ) would fly off the shelves. Or an Edwin Jagger. I'm sure those companies have the knowledge, but are complacent. Happy to be proven wrong.

Back
Top Bottom