Basic Unscented Aftershave Cream

I have an aversion to scented products though I do use Taylors Sandalwood Shave cream.

What do folk use for a basic unscented aftershave cream?

There are (or used to be) some basic Nivea products which I used find in supermarkets in Cyprus though never in UK.

I quite like Arko Classic Natural Cream - that is Turkish!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arko-150ml-Classic-Natural-Cream/dp/B00BRGS8FA

Though it can be a bit thick and sticky if overused.

I note my father in his wet shaving days would use the tiniest dab of Nivea Cold Cream - the basic product in the blue tin that has been around since year dot.

I have wondered about using E45.

I am beginning to experience my mother's problem - as she aged she could tolerate nothing scented and could only use "Simple Soap".

What basic unscented after shave creams have others found on the current UK market?

Bluebeards Revenge aftershave Balm seems to be unscented from when I have used it. It is more like a gel than a cream though.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

It has a smell, but I would not say it was scented. More of a clinical clean smell which I put down to the ingredients.

If you're looking for completely unscented I'd stay away from the Bluebeards stuff, its definitely scented IMO.

There's eShave Fragrance free after shave soother.
There are two Zirh products, one in a blue and silver bottle post shave healer and the R2 R-Evolution (Black tube), if you can find it.
There's also the Boots No7 Post-Shave balm. I've not tried this newer version but the one I have is fragrance free. http://www.boots.com/no7-men-sensitive-care-post-shave-recovery-balm-10222990
You can also go for Clinique post shave balms which are fragrance free as well.

Last edited:
Greetings

Either of these are great, the rich version is not 'heavy' or greasy and the light version is absorbed in seconds, I slightly prefer the rich version. They are both £3.50 full price but regularly on sale in Tesco's at £2.00, they are at present on sale at £2.00.

Regards
Dick.

P1030123.JPG

Bart's Balm does an unscented lotion and balm. I have not tried them but if they are anything like his scented products they should be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom